Author Topic: CB radios  (Read 7881 times)

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: CB radios
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 07:01:28 AM »
ZIP ZERO NADA from PARA in response to my email...
I guess i\'ll send another to get to the bottom of this... lol

if I don\'t here back I\'m just gonna use them till someone comes and tells me that I can\'t...
or till the Philippine Radio Gestapo beats me to death with my radio... lol

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:49 AM »
Rufus,

One thing I\'ve found is that hardly any business will return or even acknowledge an email.† I don\'t know if it\'s because they don\'t know how to respond or if they have such a turnover of employees that no one is monitoring the emails, or what.† but I\'ve learned to never, ever depend on an email from anyone there, except personal friends, of course.†  ;D†  I\'m sure there are some businesses that will respond to your inquiries, I just haven\'t found one or even heard of one yet.† YMMV, but I wouldn\'t hold my breath waiting for a reply.†

From personal experience, we sent two Motorola walkie talkies, left from my hunting days, over to my father in law to use on his farm in northern Cagayan.† He uses them all the time.† I even had a request for more batteries recently, which we sent by special Flat Rate USPS package ($37.00)† Tatay said he likes them because now when he wants something from the house, all he has to do is \"buzz\" nanay and she can bring him what he needs (more coffee, betel nut, food, etc) with out having to walk all the way back to the house to get it himself.† Nanay hates them.† † ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jack
Louisville, KY USA

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »
Hi Rufus,

I was amateur radio in France. When I arrived in Manila about 10 years ago I tried the same as you did, I emailed PARA but I did not worked. I managed to contact them on the phone, they have been very helpful.
I am not active anymore so donít know the latest regulations.

Good luck

Regards,

Jean-Marc

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »
Jack, why not include those batteries in a B-Box with MANY MANY more items and let that USPS $37.00 + ?† pay less shipping per item? Personally, I\'ll ~NEVER~EVER~ depend on the Philippine Postal Service to do ANYTHING right PERIOD!! In fact, your people might get an import tax on those batteries if someone has a wild hair up their you know what and decides to get some pocket change, (VERY COMMON)!
B-Ray

quote author=graywolf link=topic=236.msg1719#msg1719 date=1201477669]
Rufus,

One thing I\'ve found is that hardly any business will return or even acknowledge an email.† I don\'t know if it\'s because they don\'t know how to respond or if they have such a turnover of employees that no one is monitoring the emails, or what.† but I\'ve learned to never, ever depend on an email from anyone there, except personal friends, of course.†  ;D†  I\'m sure there are some businesses that will respond to your inquiries, I just haven\'t found one or even heard of one yet.† YMMV, but I wouldn\'t hold my breath waiting for a reply.†

From personal experience, we sent two Motorola walkie talkies, left from my hunting days, over to my father in law to use on his farm in northern Cagayan.† He uses them all the time.† I even had a request for more batteries recently, which we sent by special Flat Rate USPS package ($37.00)† Tatay said he likes them because now when he wants something from the house, all he has to do is \"buzz\" nanay and she can bring him what he needs (more coffee, betel nut, food, etc) with out having to walk all the way back to the house to get it himself.† Nanay hates them.† † ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jack
[/quote]

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog