Author Topic: Positive & Negative  (Read 4288 times)

Offline TCummings8

Positive & Negative
« on: May 27, 2008, 10:12:15 AM »
After traveling all around the world and trying to learn as much about each country and its people as I could, I have found that the common thread is always how the worst people reflect upon each country. I look at life pretty much as a chess game, what move I make today will influence what will happen to me 2,3,4 moves or days down the road. If I let the worst element occupy my time and and energy, then I obviously will miss what is good that surrounds me and never appreciate what the positive elements are. The Philippines has its issues as do many other countries, it also has the means of being a wonderful and safe life for those of us who have the maturity, common sense, and ability to assimilate. If there is a guaranteed utopia where there is absolutely no problems, I have never heard of it. I think the reason most of us have decided to make the PI our home is because of relations and economy. Since we cannot change the country to fit our needs and way of life, we need to adapt to the best of our ability so our lifestyle will be comfortable, safe, and serene. You can go to any major city in the US and find it difficult to blend in and be safe and happy and have to spend a lot more money doing it. Poverty, crime, disparity, and corruption is not strictly a PI problem, it is quite well entrenched in the US as well as other countries. I find it is easier to not try and change the world, simply improve who I was yesterday and take care of those I love. The world will continue to do whatever it wants, I just want as much bang for my buck, with people and a culture I love, and the joy living a quiet life.
Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Positive & Negative
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 10:59:05 AM »
Terry,

You\'ve nailed it right out of the box, my friend.  One of the things that bothers me about those who dwell on the negatives of life is that they take up my valuable time and keep me from living in the moment.  I prefer to live my life by enjoying each and every minute that God has given me.  For those who wish to gripe and whine about every little negative they can dream up, whether it\'s legitimate or not, I truly feel sorry.  My life is all about enjoying everything that I can each and every moment I can.  You only get to go around once in this life.   Life is not a dress rehearsal.  This is it.  I can see that you will love every minute of your life in the Philippines and I\'m glad you decided to join us here on LinPC.

Jack Bishop
a.k.a. \"Gray Wolf\"
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »
Hi Terry,

Welcome from me as well. You are going to fit right in here.  ;D I look forward to reading many more of your insightful posts.

Cheers

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 01:51:10 PM »
Terry,

It is great that you joined us here, I will enjoy your positive attitude, don\'t be afraid to jump right in. We all enjoy a good conversation. A heads up, Marie and Hsiao are a Filipina and Chinese Lady who live in Belgium. We enjoy their perspectives on subjects as well, Marie has some very enlightening topics for discussion and Hsiao\'s replys are often eye opening. If you enjoy a beer, be sure to talk to RUFUS as it appears to be his favorite topic, especially Red Horse.

Once again, Welcome.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 01:52:01 PM »
I usually tend to tell people, that find the bad in the moment, how good it is elsewhere...
That way they gravitate that direction and leave me to enjoy my surroundings in peace and then they can P in someone else\'s campfire... ;D ;D ;D
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »
Terry

Great to have some insightful upbeat and positive ideals. I wholeheartedly agree with your post and realize that life is way to short to stay upset for any period of time over the things I neither have a right to change...or just simply couldn\'t change if I wanted to. Accepting who we are both our good side and our bad allows us not to paint any given situation with too broad of a brush, so to speak. if one only seeks to in some small way help his or hers small part of the whole they will be much more happier than focusing on the negative that is easy to find if you look for it. You hear others speaking of the RP as a \"third world country\" well IMHO if the Great US of A does not change it\'s ways soon by 2015 I am not sure the same will be said about that once Great Country.  Look forward to reading your future post.  Welcome to \"Life in the RP, it is only what you make it\"
Semper FI
The \"Murf\"

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 04:49:52 AM »
The Philippines has its issues as do many other countries, it also has the means of being a wonderful and safe life for those of us who have the maturity, common sense, and ability to assimilate.

Love this line, what a good start  :).  Show yourself Hsiao, Wayne is calling us, thanks for the nice intro Wayne. 

Hi, TCummings8 (what a name) maybe you can explain in what\'s in a name topic where you get TCummings8, for sure you don\'t have 8 Pinays ha  :o  ;D.

Offline Beatle

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 06:19:55 AM »

TCummings8,
                           it is good to hear an insightful and positive outlook on life. Keep it cumming!  ;D  Welcome to Linp forum.

Ray

If you treat a servant like a servant, you will lead a alone. But if you treat a servant like a leader, multitudes will follow.  Beatle

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »
The Philippines has its issues as do many other countries, it also has the means of being a wonderful and safe life for those of us who have the maturity, common sense, and ability to assimilate.

Love this line, what a good start  :).  Show yourself Hsiao, Wayne is calling us, thanks for the nice intro Wayne. 

Hi, TCummings8 (what a name) maybe you can explain in what\'s in a name topic where you get TCummings8, for sure you don\'t have 8 Pinays ha  :o  ;D.

Is the Chinese girl allowed to say HI to the new members Marie?  Ok...Ok...I hear you shouting. Hi RP Bear welcome & Mabuhay  :).

I\'m surprised that I\'m a full member now  :o.  I don\'t have much to share  :-[.  Maybe the moderator can put me back to newbie or jr. member  ;D  :D.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »

Is the Chinese girl allowed to say HI to the new members Marie?  Ok...Ok...I hear you shouting. Hi RP Bear welcome & Mabuhay  :).

I\'m surprised that I\'m a full member now  :o.  I don\'t have much to share  :-[.  Maybe the moderator can put me back to newbie or jr. member  ;D  :D.

Hsiao.

Jack & I would NEVER dream of doing such a thing
....... ::) ::) :o ;) ;D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »

Hsiao.

Jack & I would NEVER dream of doing such a thing
....... ::) ::) :o ;) ;D

Not even under threat of bodily harm    ;D ;D ;D 
Sorry, Hsiao, you\'ll just have to grow like the rest of us.   ;) ;)

Offline stillbilly2002

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 10:25:26 PM »
chief greywolf............. we have to grow up?...darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D.......one day at a time??   sounds like a plan....0720hrs.   cali time 29 may08 stillbilly2002

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 10:30:49 PM »
chief greywolf............. we have to grow up?...darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D.......one day at a time??   sounds like a plan....0720hrs.   cali time 29 may08 stillbilly2002

Well, Billy, you can always exercise the Gray Wolf option.  I may be getting older, but I refuse to \"grow up\"!  Ha!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 12:38:42 AM »

:o  :o You ha! Don\'t be shy & don\'t be afraid of numbers  ;D  :D.  Now we have Bear and Wolf, the family is almost complete ha  :D.  Oh by the way, Mabuhay is also means welcome  :D.

Offline napamoore

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 03:15:28 AM »
I have really enjoyed reading this topic thread. Terry\'s thought process mirrors mine. When in Rome act like a Roman. In my one tour of duty (USN) I got to visit many areas of the world (not PI though) and found that each had its own unique characteristics to enjoy. There is good and bad everywhere and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I look forward to my move to PI and all the adventures ahead of me.
Mike