Author Topic: How much will I have to pay in customs duties US to Philippines?  (Read 5356 times)

Re: How much will I have to pay in customs duties US to Philippines?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »

Roger that, buddy.  I was just wondering because we\'ve had members before who complained about how they had to do without, and then we found out they were complaining about an item that was readily available!   ;D ;D 

But I do understand about certain electronic equipment.  Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay.  I would definitely try to find someone stateside who could do you a favor and ship things that you can\'t readily find near you.  Just a thought, buddy.

Take care!

Zzenn,

Here are a couple of leads for you to check if you need them in the future.

I bought my Maha at Fuji SM Manila... 4,500.00 it came with a battery case but actual battery were not included.

By the way, the Powerex maha charger is also available at Fuji Film at the Digital Center of Glorietta , Makati near Globe Telecom and Gold\'s Gym.

Fuji YKK seams like the main stockist here. Hope this helps.

Offline mmason01

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 06:54:09 AM »
So what about household goods.  I have a choice, get rid of all of my furniture and put the treasures in 4-5 bboxes, put it in storage, or ship the best things in a container.  I have \"heard\" that the duty on household goods is obscene.  So I turn to \"them that\'s done it\".

mmason01
In search of \"MU\"

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 12:49:40 PM »

Roger that, buddy.  I was just wondering because we\'ve had members before who complained about how they had to do without, and then we found out they were complaining about an item that was readily available!   ;D ;D 

I also find that EVEN IF THE ITEM IS AVAILABLE and you are at the right shop to buy it the employees may not know it by the name you are asking and tell you they do not have it....

last week - I went to PC Express and asked for a NAS... they did not know what that was... so I asked for a \"Network storage device\" still no dice... then asked for \"an external hard drive case with ethernet port\" finally they understood and explained that they do not carry such devices... well.. I just took their pricelist for future reference and picked one up off sulit or somewhere...

GUESS WHAT I DISCOVERED LATER !!???  :D

It was on their pricelist !

Listed as \"Linksys NAS200 network storage system\"

It appears sometimes you just have to just look yourself... would have saved me another trip back out there to get it !

It happens often too...  and more than once other employees teased the one who misreported the item as not being available ! hahah... ACE hardware told me they do not carry a \"circular saw\" ...  the worker recommended a jigsaw... Umm.. I told him that would certainly help to create some very ugly bookshelves and cabinets !

I found it myself and the other staff laughed at the worker telling him he needs to learn more English! haha

Same thing happens when I ask in tagalog too !
I think its just my accent... maybe they do not have a good grasp of the California accent...

So what about household goods.  I have a choice, get rid of all of my furniture and put the treasures in 4-5 bboxes, put it in storage, or ship the best things in a container...

mmason01

Mmason01... I decided to go with 2 out of 3 of your options... I got rid of all my furniture and big items and just shipped the rest in bboxes...  shipping the best item in a container for about P60k shipping (my semi-custom Harley).... ya.. I could get a new sportster in Subic for about 600k... but... ummm.... after years of fiddlin around on it...this one is an heirloom  :P

I\'m just waiting for the final word on import duty before I give the shipper the OK to pop it on the boat in LA. But from what I hear .. paying MSRP and being old help... We will see soon if I get to park this 150cc moped the locals consider a BIG BIKE ! hahah
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline mmason01

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 06:16:53 AM »
dylanaz,

Thanks for the info.  I wish you luck. Over 13k USD for a new sportster! Hmmmmmmm.  I heard that we cannot bring in vehicles.  Are Bikes an exception?

mmason01
In search of \"MU\"

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 06:31:38 AM »
You can bring a vehicle or a bike if you get you 13a visa before arriving in the RP and you bring it as part of your household goods, it is not allowed to be sold once you get here, and you must have owned it before you arrive, not purchase it just before you leave, I e. it needs to be a used vehicle not one purchased so you don\'t have to purchase one when you arrive.
Wayne  ;D ;D

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 08:04:10 AM »
You can bring a vehicle or a bike if you get you 13a visa before arriving in the RP and you bring it as part of your household goods, it is not allowed to be sold once you get here, and you must have owned it before you arrive, not purchase it just before you leave, I e. it needs to be a used vehicle not one purchased so you don\'t have to purchase one when you arrive.

I know this won\'t apply to imports from the US, but vehicles must be either Left hand drive or have a conversion kit with them.

Colin

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »
I have attached the guidelines for importing vehicles...

Every comment was correct... You have to have the vehicle in your name OUTSIDE PI for 6 months before you can import it... so buy that 2009 car NOW and import it at Xmas!

It WILL be \"not for sale\" for a period of 3 years!

So no more bringing in a nice new Ferrari for wowowee hosts to deny owning !

[attachment deleted by admin]
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »
Here are the remaining documents needed to import a vehicle.

Posted seperately to avoid unnecessary downloading.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mmason01

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 03:42:59 AM »
Wow! Thanks a lot folks.  Guess I better sell it, because I am not married. 

mmason01
In search of \"MU\"