Author Topic: Another Rick onboard  (Read 2444 times)

Offline rcrawford

Another Rick onboard
« on: May 30, 2008, 11:07:47 AM »
Hello everyone, I\'m Rick Crawford or Rick C and my wife Carla.
We are here in Nevada and hope to find a place in PI in the near furture.
I have been reading the forum and find it very educational with facts as well as finding a bunch of  very good people to chat with.
I\'ve never been to the PI, but have researched and surfed the web continuously as well as my education of the islands from my filippina wife of two years. Looks great! I\'m ready to make that move, just have to play my cards right and make that first long visit to get the ball rolling.

I look forward to chatting and educating myself with your wisdom and will update with photo\'s later.

Rick & Carla

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: Another Rick onboard
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:41:56 PM »
Welcome aboard...
NEVER BEEN TO THE PI???
Ya better take a few trips over to enjoy the surroundings before you commit to moving there.
The PI is beautiful, but not for everyone and it is definitely the USA.
Make a few extended trips and get a feel for the place.

RUFUS
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »
Hello everyone, I\'m Rick Crawford or Rick C and my wife Carla.
We are here in Nevada and hope to find a place in PI in the near furture.
I have been reading the forum and find it very educational with facts as well as finding a bunch of  very good people to chat with.
I\'ve never been to the PI, but have researched and surfed the web continuously as well as my education of the islands from my filippina wife of two years. Looks great! I\'m ready to make that move, just have to play my cards right and make that first long visit to get the ball rolling.

I look forward to chatting and educating myself with your wisdom and will update with photo\'s later.

Rick & Carla

Hi Rick & Carla,

welcome to the forum. I agree with Rufus, make sure you are 100% happy with moving here before you do. It is easy to post a few beautiful photographs and describe the place as paradise but you really need to live here for many months minimum and preferably a year to know if this is the place for you. I have lived here permanently for three years and I can honestly say that this is my home. Make sure that you can say the same thing.

Colin

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 04:37:15 PM »
Hello Rick & Carla.  Rufs & Colin is right.  Just like me being here in Belgium, it\'s a lovely Country but to stay here forever NO WAY :)

Welcome to the forum.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 05:46:04 PM »
Hi Rick & Carla,

All sound advise. You will be getting some from your Asawa too no doubt. You really must come & spend time here BEFORE making any long term plans. The Philippines is VERY big and depends on what you are looking for as a place to put down roots.

Colin will tell you about Palawan, others about Cebu or CDO or like me, Laguna. They are all different. Some places are away from modern living & that is paradise to some. Others like to be by the sea. Others the city life & still others like to have all the luxuries of home close by.

Come for a holiday & travel around. If you find what your idea of paradise is & you decide to put down roots then rent for a while until you are confident you chose well.

Where is Carla from?

Offline Rufus S

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 06:10:27 PM »
Welcome aboard, Rick and Carla! I was only in the RP for 2 months, but can already say that these folks are 100% correct...check it out for at LEAST a few months before deciding to pick up and move. It\'s NOT the U.S.A.!

P.S. - Do you enjoy \"Rooster Crowing Competitions\" at all hours :-\\? If so, you\'ll LOVE the rural life ;)! Best wishes and God bless.

Rufus S
YES - Rufus S really IS my name!!!

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »
Greetings Rick and Carla. Glad to have both of you abroad. You will definitely be well served from gleaning insights regarding moving here permanently from some of the \"old timers\' here...no pun intended brother Colin  ;D the RP can be a beautiful wife or a demanding \"mistress\" all according to how you can adjust to the ebb and flow of this place at any given time.But it appears you have made some pretty solid plans and allready did a lot of homework so you should not have a problem, with that said it still may be a good idea to make a few extended visits to see if you and Carla really love it enough here to make it your permanent home. Welcome aboard to the both of you.
Respectfully
The \"Murf\"

Offline rcrawford

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 10:56:21 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome, Sound advise is always good, Excuse some of my phrasing, PI Phililppine Island,  I will use RP as I have learned already. Carla is from Pampanga north of Manila. She was in Bahrain working and we meet on the internet. I\'m 46 and she\'s 43. She was in Bahrain for 10 years working and has been here in the states with me for two years. Her mother has been here for over 30 years and live in SF. So I have a good relationship with her mother and I have met her uncle which is a priest and travels to the states often. In short this is my best knowledge of the RP.All of your advise is good, I will make those visit\'s prior to making any commitments.

Once again thank you for your greeting and advise

Rick

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
Welcome Rick.  I am one of those who is also planning to retire in RP.  Yes, PI is a holdover from the US colonial days.  Stood for Philippine Islands but the country is now known as Republika Ng Pilipinas, or simply RP for short.  I wish you good luck.
Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog