Author Topic: Ormoc City Money Changers  (Read 5847 times)

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
Ormoc City Money Changers
« on: June 08, 2008, 06:02:41 PM »
Just a few I like to use.

Kings Bargain Center - Come out of Gaisano, go right, go right at the end of the building, down 2 blocks, its a down-stairs store, money exchange is in the back room. Nice people, very accomodating, but usually a few centavo\'s less than Liberty Marketing.

Liberty Marketing - Come out of Gaisano, go right, cross the street, continue down about 50 meters, on the right.  They are kind of picky when it comes to old bills, but usually have the best rate. If you have a few hundred or so to change, they let you sit inside the office with that nice cool air con and nice seating...which is a plus... ;D

Whatever you do, dont change money in Gaisano unless you really have to.

Greg... 8)
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
Re: Ormoc City Money Changers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »
Thanks Grizzi,

I hv used Gaisano before and felt ripped off.   Next time I\'ll check kings and liberty when I\'m in Lovely Ormoc again.    Do  you live there or visit from time to time?

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:57 PM »
I have a fiance that lives about 12km out of Ormoc (towards Baybay), and we are currently renovating a house there.  I plan on retiring to that area in about 8 years, so we are preparing...and since I work in South Korea, I get to visit rather regularly...3-4 times a year. Soon I will be transfering to another job in the Netherlands, and guess I will have to cut back my visits to 1-2 times a year... :\'( 

To me, it has everything I need...and since they now have the barcode scanners at the Gaisano grocery store, I\'m not stressed out as much when I visit there...lol. Yes, I think of it as a lovely city also...and compact... 8)
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »
Good luck with your tsfr to Netherlands .. I\'m taking a new job and they are allowing me to be based in CEBU which is perfect for me allowing reg visits to Otown and Ktown (kananga - her place).. this starts in October..   HOpe you can get back a lil more regularly. 

best

scott

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
Thanks Scott. I hope I can get back there more often also. Hope to end up there sometime in Feb., and if you are around, maybe we all can meet up and do a dinner at one of the local restaurants in Ormoc.

Have a good one.

Greg
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline Schat

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 10:45:29 PM »
Good afternoon grizzi,

Do you happen to have the phone number of these two branches? Would very much like to have it.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Schat

Just a few I like to use.

Kings Bargain Center - Come out of Gaisano, go right, go right at the end of the building, down 2 blocks, its a down-stairs store, money exchange is in the back room. Nice people, very accomodating, but usually a few centavo\'s less than Liberty Marketing.

Liberty Marketing - Come out of Gaisano, go right, cross the street, continue down about 50 meters, on the right.  They are kind of picky when it comes to old bills, but usually have the best rate. If you have a few hundred or so to change, they let you sit inside the office with that nice cool air con and nice seating...which is a plus... ;D

Whatever you do, dont change money in Gaisano unless you really have to.

Greg... 8)

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
Schat,

I will try to get those numbers for you. Shouldnt be too difficult. Check back here soon.

Greg
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 10:48:58 PM »
Schat,

Ok, the telephone number to Liberty Marketing is 64-388-2217. I dont have a number to Kings Bargain Center yet.

Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline Schat

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »
You\'re a dear, thanks love, truly appreciated.

Have a fantastic day,
Schat

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »
Ok, here is the number to Kings Bargain Center...(63)-53-255-4946

Hope this works. Have a great week... 8)
Greg & Almira  ;-)

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »
I have been having luck changing money at  Friendly Bazzar just across from Gaisano.    They are always about 1 peso better than Gaisano.   I dont know how they compare with kings or  liberty.    The merchants there  from  India are helpful and friendly enough.    There merchandise is also fairly priced and u can still bargain a bit.

best,

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »
I have a fiance that lives about 12km out of Ormoc (towards Baybay), and we are currently renovating a house there.  I plan on retiring to that area in about 8 years, so we are preparing...and since I work in South Korea, I get to visit rather regularly...3-4 times a year. Soon I will be transfering to another job in the Netherlands, and guess I will have to cut back my visits to 1-2 times a year... :\'( 

Check out airasia.com it might be worthwhile flying London-Kuala Lumpur........connexions at either end are pretty good.

Offline grizzi

• Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 01:56:27 AM »
Thanks for the information. I actually found out I can fly direct from Dusseldorf to Bangkok for under $1,000 US, then catch a flight on Cebu Pacific or whomever to Manila or Cebu if I\'m lucky.  I\'m only about a 30 minute drive from Dusseldorf, so that might be my best shot at a reasonable flight.

Thanks again... ;D
Greg & Almira  ;-)