Author Topic: PNP Crime maps.  (Read 4809 times)

PNP Crime maps.
« on: June 20, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »
Found this link from the Philippines National Police website. Want to know how safe your area? Thinking of where to move?

Worth checking your area by clicking on the map. Covers crimes against the person & crimes against property. Some links are not working though (Cebu?)

http://www.pnp.gov.ph/stat/Crimemaps/Welcome.htm#

My part of Sta Rosa comes out well - phew  8) ::)

Offline geno555

• Sr Member
Re: PNP Crime maps.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »
Keith, thank you for the \"crime graft\"...although I am both saddened and shocked to see my beloved Bayugan to have one of the highest crime rates against people so much so that I don\'t understand it, for I and Jen-Jen are up and about every day walking in the oval in the early am (maybe that is why to many people happily excising and the pickpockets only come out after dark as with most other illegal activities.I guess just because it has never happened to me or any member of my family, friends or barcada I am not personally \"touched by it\"...I need to study this more upon my arrivial in October , am friends with more than a couple of the local Police Force and get some first hand knowledge of just what,when, how, and where meets the criteria for a crime against a person.I won\'t give up on my city however for my heart belongs there. Thanks again for the wonderful update. :( :(
Murf

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »
Keith, thank you for the \"crime graft\"...although I am both saddened and shocked to see my beloved Bayugan to have one of the highest crime rates against people so much so that I don\'t understand it, for I and Jen-Jen are up and about every day walking in the oval in the early am (maybe that is why to many people happily excising and the pickpockets only come out after dark as with most other illegal activities.I guess just because it has never happened to me or any member of my family, friends or Arcadia I am not personally \"touched by it\"...I need to study this more upon my arrivial in October , am friends with more than a couple of the local Police Force and get some first hand knowledge of just what,when, how, and where meets the criteria for a crime against a person.I won\'t give up on my city however for my heart belongs there. Thanks again for the wonderful update. :( :(
Murf

Murf,

You are correct in not reading too much into this. I posted it to be counted as part of any decision making process. The maps only show \"Crime against the person\" not what that crime was. As you pointed out, that would include pick pockets or snatch thieves taking a mobile phone. The type of crime that exists in all our home towns.

Offline BenK

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:41:36 AM »
My area is that part of Imus, Cavite where there is a big blob of yellow. I asked Mr. Cop-Neighbor about it, and he said that was almost completely due to shoplifters in our two malls. So while I appreciate the public service, I can also see where the police are running the risk of giving people a slightly inaccurate perception. Just goes to show you it pays not to accept everything you see at face value.
That\'s not chicken.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 08:05:59 AM »
My area is that part of Imus, Cavite where there is a big blob of yellow. I asked Mr. Cop-Neighbor about it, and he said that was almost completely due to shoplifters in our two malls. So while I appreciate the public service, I can also see where the police are running the risk of giving people a slightly inaccurate perception. Just goes to show you it pays not to accept everything you see at face value.

Ben,

I agree but I would still choose a yellow area (having your wallet stolen is still a crime) over a red area (Crimes against the person) any day. Crime is everywhere & in this case a little knowledge can go a long way.  8)

Offline BenK

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 09:29:58 AM »
Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by what the map showed, because the other less-than-accurate perception people could get from my area comes from putting too much into what people gab about. \"Always on the news, I hear about some crime, and it\'s always Cavite,\" my Tsinoy friend is fond of telling me. I\'m a Chicago kid; it takes a lot more than some shoplifters and the occasional drunken argument to make me nervous.
That\'s not chicken.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 06:30:05 AM »
Ya, forget Cavite... Im moving to Tondo now !

Ok, on a serious note... Tondo would not open up on my map... Im just curious about that place. From what I hear its hells kitchen... I just want to see some stats on it... the times I visited there gave me the same feeling as walking across a prison yard as a new inmate. Well I never experienced the prison part... but its the closest description I could give... some place called  \"public housing units\" or something in Tondo like that...

When I tried to leave.. after walking to the main road about 1/2 dozen taxi\'s refused to even stop to pick me up... had to tip a few locals P20 to stop the taxis... then it still took a few tries before they got a taxi...

Hmmm

I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I at our SIL 60th Bday.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 04:01:59 PM »
I remember the 1st time Myrlita & I went to Cebu City back in June. It was about 9pm. We were out walking around the area downtown to take it in since Myrlita was born there and wanted to see where she came from. Well, we walked into what looked like a housing project and as soon as we did, we both got a horrible feeling like we were both about to get mugged. I told her to slowly turn around and start walking back the way we came while we still can. We did and thank God it turned out ok. Always listen to your instincts. Don\'t ask me exactly where in Cebu City it was because I don\'t remember. Sorry.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 06:58:44 AM »
Ya, forget Cavite... Im moving to Tondo now !

Ok, on a serious note... Tondo would not open up on my map... Im just curious about that place. From what I hear its hells kitchen... I just want to see some stats on it... the times I visited there gave me the same feeling as walking across a prison yard as a new inmate. Well I never experienced the prison part... but its the closest description I could give... some place called  \"public housing units\" or something in Tondo like that...

When I tried to leave.. after walking to the main road about 1/2 dozen taxi\'s refused to even stop to pick me up... had to tip a few locals P20 to stop the taxis... then it still took a few tries before they got a taxi...

Hmmm

Yeah, Tondo is not where anyone (in his or her right mind) would want to visit.  Gloria worked close to the area when I met her.  There is a shopping area called Divisoria(sp) close by, but she won\'t even let me go with her when she and her sisters go there to find \"bargains\".  I\'ll take her word for it and stay in relatively safe Novaliches with the family during our visits. 
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 07:52:18 PM »
Divisoria is only slightly worse than Baclaran as far as safety. Just stay away from it at nite and youre safe.

I ACCIDENTALLY stayed for too long once in Divisoria...
Found a hand in my pocket when getting a drink from a street vendor... luckily I caught the hand and while almost breaking it gave him a few choice words before I pushed him into the crowd of his friends who were all laughing at him for getitng caught...
If I had started to beat him im sure his friends would have jumped in.... I just did enough to make him look silly and teach him a small lesson, but those were teens... it could have been worse with a different group....

but... thats only happened ONCE... and in the middle of the nite....

Some of the BEST bargains around are there... and if you want to get cheap electronics... its the place to go... Karaoke machines, TV\'s, Satellite, cell phones, etc

Dual sim china copy iphone in divisoria/baclaran P2500... in other places expect to pay about 2k more...

2nd hand 29\" Sony TV I just spotted last week was 4k . . . im holding out until I can find an LCD/Plasma there... the places are so big it takes forever to search... ooh also include Quiapo.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 07:27:38 AM »
Divisoria is only slightly worse than Baclaran as far as safety. Just stay away from it at nite and youre safe.

I ACCIDENTALLY stayed for too long once in Divisoria...
Found a hand in my pocket when getting a drink from a street vendor... luckily I caught the hand and while almost breaking it gave him a few choice words before I pushed him into the crowd of his friends who were all laughing at him for getitng caught...
If I had started to beat him im sure his friends would have jumped in.... I just did enough to make him look silly and teach him a small lesson, but those were teens... it could have been worse with a different group....

but... thats only happened ONCE... and in the middle of the nite....

Some of the BEST bargains around are there... and if you want to get cheap electronics... its the place to go... Karaoke machines, TV\'s, Satellite, cell phones, etc

Dual sim china copy iphone in divisoria/baclaran P2500... in other places expect to pay about 2k more...

2nd hand 29\" Sony TV I just spotted last week was 4k . . . im holding out until I can find an LCD/Plasma there... the places are so big it takes forever to search... ooh also include Quiapo.

Quiapo I can deal with for short shopping trips as well as Ongpin.  In fact, we usually make at least one trip to Ongpin to buy jewelery whenever we visit.  But we never buy from the \"outside\" vendors, only inside the stores.  I bought two really nice self-winding Seikos there last time we visited, one for me and one for my Dad.  He had asked if I would find him one of those fake Rolexes for him.  Well, considering the trouble I might get into with US Customs when we returned, and considering it was my Dad, I just bought him a nice Seiko instead.  They only cost me about $50 each, compared to $375.00 each for the same model in the US.  There are some excellent deals to be had there, but it\'s definitely not for everyone.   

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »
.  He had asked if I would find him one of those fake Rolexes for him.  Well, considering the trouble I might get into with US Customs when we returned, and considering it was my Dad, I just bought him a nice Seiko instead. 

You can still make him happy on your next trip.... Just wear the watch and they never bother you...

Im a big fan of quotes and links but im just too tired now... customs ALLOWS one counterfit item of each type... 1 rolex, 1 Coach/LV bag, etc... 

its on their website PI/USA customs page link from the Embassy page I think...
I had to take back a full set of Louis V bags... just used them for ALL my items... 2 carryon, 2 cargo etc...

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 11:20:18 PM »
.  He had asked if I would find him one of those fake Rolexes for him.  Well, considering the trouble I might get into with US Customs when we returned, and considering it was my Dad, I just bought him a nice Seiko instead. 

You can still make him happy on your next trip.... Just wear the watch and they never bother you...

Im a big fan of quotes and links but im just too tired now... customs ALLOWS one counterfit item of each type... 1 rolex, 1 Coach/LV bag, etc... 

its on their website PI/USA customs page link from the Embassy page I think...
I had to take back a full set of Louis V bags... just used them for ALL my items... 2 carryon, 2 cargo etc...

But then he has a crappy watch that will stop in a day or two.    :( :(  By giving him a nice Seiko, he has a watch that will last him for the rest of his life.   :D :D  And it looks better than a fake Rolex, IMHO.    ;)

I\'ll remember your suggestion for the bags, though.  My wife is always buying fake Louis Vitan, Gucci and such to give away to her friends.  Thanks!   :) :)

Offline oscar

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 12:42:26 PM »
 ??? ???

It does not work th way I do. Could somebody tell me what thy say about Ermita and Malate, Roxas boulevard, MH del Pilarstreet and Mabinistreet, Remedioscercle. From our condo I see US embassy. Gives me a good and safe feeling !!

;D ;D ;D

Offline napamoore

• Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 12:26:24 AM »
I couldn\'t open the link. Any special trick required??

Thanks
Mike