Author Topic: Line in the water  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Mike M.

• Sr Member
Line in the water
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:53:36 AM »
Hi guys.  I live an hour or so north of Manila in Bulacan.  I fish a couple of times a week, if you can call it that.  There are several small, brown, crap filled streams that harbor catfish, mudfish, wild Tilapia, eels and snakes.  I use spinners, worms, flies, sometimes nothing, just to have a line in the water.  I never take any home and I never eat them.  I enjoy watching the water, looking at the occasional folks that walk by and who stare at me for 1/2 mile after passing..::)).  Recently I tried the compressed rifles that fire a dart.  The dark brown fish near the surface and you try to hit them.  Not much luck so far and I am not really a hunter.

I always have boat fever and try to get someone to take me out from time to time.  Usually we go to Manila Bay and sit in the heat until the beer runs out.  Sometimes someone catches a smallish fish that they usually throw back.  What the hell, I got a line in the water.

Mike M.

Offline pollaccia

Re: Line in the water
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »
Hi Mike,  My name is paul.  Currently i live in henderson, nevada.  I wish i was there fishing.  Don,t care much about the snakes.  When i retire there in cebu i plan on doing alot of fishing.  love to eat fish.

Offline GWG

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:09:14 PM »
Hey guys,

I\'m also an avid fisherman, grew up fishing fresh water reservoirs in Ga and the Gulf coast in Fla.
I\'m working in Dhahran Saudi Arabia (fishing sux) and will be retired shortly living full time near Subic bay.

Have you seen or heard of any serious Charter boats around the Subic area?
I\'ve seen a couple of nice private fishing boats at the Subic Yacht club but I don\'t see any charters.

I\'m thinking with the amount of tourist coming into the AC and Subic area, this might be a good business opportunity.

Any thoughts?

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:42:24 AM »
GWG,

I could find only one who advertised online:

http://www.e-philippines.com.ph/subic-gamefishing-experience-p-105.html

Of course there could, and most likely will, be many locals who wouldn\'t be advertising online.  I saw many nice boats at the Subic Bay Yacht Club my last visit.  Some were waay more than \"nice\".   ;D  They were most likely personal craft and not commercial. 

Louisville, KY USA

Offline GWG

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 02:23:24 PM »
Thanks for the Link.
If their getting an 8 person min at P5,100 a head, their doing pretty good.
I would like to see the boat.
I emailed them for more information.

I fella with a descent boat and a good mate could make a go of it at these prices if the demand was there.

Thanks again!

Offline c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 03:38:12 PM »
This might be a time to check out prospective boats Subic Bay Fishing Tournament http://www.philippinefishing.info/featured/subic-bay-mega-fishing-tournament.html

P40,800 per day at a 50/25/25 split - 50% for the capital investment of the boat, 25% operating cost (fuel, dockage,bait etc) and 25% for the skipper - that\'s just about a doable exterprise

I don\'t know know how far offshore the tuna etc are from Subic but on US east coast there were more sport fisherman boat charterers when the Gulf Stream was less than 50 miles offshore (Carolinas, Cape Cod, Montauk)
When more than 50 miles Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, bigger(60\'+) slower diesel \"head\" boats predominated

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog