Author Topic: Retirement visa or Tourist visa?  (Read 36361 times)

Offline medic3500

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Retirement visa or Tourist visa?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »
Have to agree with GW about waiting to the last minute. I found out the expensive way. One of my renewals fell on a Monday and instead of going in on Friday decided to wait to last day and go Monday morning. Monday came around went to BI just to find it was closed due to some non Government holiday or something. Went back on Tuesday and they were unsympathetic to my pleas of them being closed on the due date. Had to pay some fines wait longer than usual. Costly mistake.

Offline Daddy Robert

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 03:23:30 AM »
Just a note Guys, Since November 2013 you now get up to and including 30 days on entry (used to be 21days)
Cheers 
Daddy Robert

Offline BudM

• Sr Member
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 10:03:32 AM »
Just a note Guys, Since November 2013 you now get up to and including 30 days on entry (used to be 21days)
Cheers

This is your first post so before someone else asks you, I will.  Who's daddy are you guy?
Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »
Cheers

Daddy Robert, welcome!  I sent you a PM asking that you post a short intro, did you get it?    If not, you may wish to introduce yourself by posting a brief message telling us a little about yourself.  Click on the link and post it there:
http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=35.0

Thanks!
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline macca46

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 12:56:18 PM »
Hi everyone I am a newbie to the forum I am an Aussie currently living in Thailand on a retirement visa but will probably move to PI in June it would appear that I can come in without a visa for 21 days and then re-apply for a further extension but can I come in without a return ticket?

I have enough money to satisfy visa requirements and receive a pension from Aus. every month.

Thanks in advance,

macca46

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »
Hi everyone I am a newbie to the forum I am an Aussie currently living in Thailand on a retirement visa but will probably move to PI in June it would appear that I can come in without a visa for 21 days and then re-apply for a further extension but can I come in without a return ticket?

I have enough money to satisfy visa requirements and receive a pension from Aus. every month.

Thanks in advance,

macca46
Welcome to the forum.
It is now a 30 day visa free stay for those people who are citizens of non visa required countries, so since you are an Aussie, then you qualify. As for an onward ticket or return ticket, that is the age old question, the Philippines requires it and some airlines will require it before they will even allow you to board, so yes you need it, but will the airline or BI check it, is anyone's guess, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline macca46

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »
Thanks so what I need to do is find the cheapest return flight to somewhere that I may never use then? if I am understanding you correctly, thanks

Offline Big Jim

• Retired soon
  • Sr Member
    • Big Jims Philippines Experience
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2016, 03:39:09 PM »

Thanks in advance,

macca46

Immigration do not care where the ticket is to or what the date is on the ticket, just so long as you have a valid ticket to depart the Philippines. And there is usually no need for immigration to check on arrival as the airline will probably not let you board without one as the airline will be fined if you don't meet entry requirements on arrival.

So long as you arrange all your extensions on time, you can stay continuously in the Philippines for 3 years. So, you have plenty of time to decide if you would like to arrange a permanent visa.

I used to wonder what it would be like to read other people's minds.

Then I got a facebook account and now I am over it.

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »
Thanks so what I need to do is find the cheapest return flight to somewhere that I may never use then? if I am understanding you correctly, thanks

Normally the AirAsia or Cebu Pacific flight from Manila to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia is the cheapest I have found.

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Big Jim

• Retired soon
  • Sr Member
    • Big Jims Philippines Experience
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2016, 04:13:04 PM »
Normally the AirAsia or Cebu Pacific flight from Manila to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia is the cheapest I have found.

Chuck

From Cebu or Clark as well.

Air Asia had Cebu to Kota Kinabalu flights for something like P1300, taxes included 6 months ago or so.

Their cheap deal on the site today is P1729 Manila to Macau
http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/home.page
I used to wonder what it would be like to read other people's minds.

Then I got a facebook account and now I am over it.

Offline macca46

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2016, 04:48:10 PM »
Thanks guys for the replies at least now I know in which direction I have to take.

Very much appreciated.

macca46

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2016, 05:01:41 PM »
From Cebu or Clark as well.

Air Asia had Cebu to Kota Kinabalu flights for something like P1300, taxes included 6 months ago or so.

Their cheap deal on the site today is P1729 Manila to Macau
http://www.airasia.com/ph/en/home.page

BigJim,

Appears Air Asia no longer has flights from Clark/Cebu to Kota Kinabalu, only from Manila.  Was planning to use it for BB run later this year.  Decided instead to take extended vacation to Kuala Lumpur(7days) then Bali(7days) R/T.

Chuck

Offline macca46

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »
This is something else relating to the subject two years ago when I got my Thai visa I had to get an Aus. police check do I need to get this prior to arriving or after I may still have a copy of it will have to check.

Thanks in advance

macca46

Offline Lee2

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »
This is something else relating to the subject two years ago when I got my Thai visa I had to get an Aus. police check do I need to get this prior to arriving or after I may still have a copy of it will have to check.

Thanks in advance

macca46
For an SRRV, or a 13a, if married to a citizen, then yes you will need one from your home country, authenticated by your govt and then by the Philippine embassy that services your area. You may also need one from Thailand since you lived there, that I am not sure about but I think you will, does any other member know for sure???

Edit to add, yes a new one, my friend got an SRRV and the lady told him it had to be newly issued.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:09:20 PM by Mr. Lee »
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline bigrod

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »
I think the police reports can only be up to a few months old.

Chuck