Author Topic: Retirement visa or Tourist visa?  (Read 35792 times)

Offline macca46

Re: Retirement visa or Tourist visa?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Thanks for all of your help it much appreciated.
From what I now understand I can come in on a 30 day visa with a return trash ticket to somewhere then after 30 days re-apply for an extension once I apply for a permanent visa then I will need a current Aus. police check and maybe one from Thailand.

What I am trying to do is make sure that I have all of my base's covered before entering.

Once again thanks all your help has been great

macca46

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2016, 07:05:39 PM »
From what I now understand I can come in on a 30 day visa with a return trash ticket to somewhere then after 30 days re-apply for an extension once I apply for a permanent visa then I will need a current Aus. police check and maybe one from Thailand.
What I am trying to do is make sure that I have all of my base's covered before entering.

macca46
Coming to the Philippines and staying for as long as you want up to 36 months is not complicated. Just be certain that you want to stay here as a permanent resident.
According to this link, you can obtain your police clearance on-line:
https://www.nationalcrimecheck.com.au/
Your police clearance has to be submitted the same time you submit all of your authenticated documents, physical exam results and completed SRRV application with your bank security deposit in place to the PRA office. I would advise that you contact a SRRV representative to assist you with the entire process.
A Philippines NBI clearance is not required if you are within 30 days being in the Philippines since your arrival date. Once your completed SRRV application has been submitted, the process will take 15 to 20 days.

I'm assuming you are single and planning to obtain an SRRVisa. Here's the link to the current up to date 2015 SRRV Guide: https://pramarketing.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/srrv-info-guide_-04-14-15_smaller_2.pdf
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!

Offline macca46

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2016, 01:19:18 PM »
Thanks for that info the police check one is about double the normal fee and on reading up on the booklet it would appear that;

When I apply for a visa that is when I will need a current medical certificate and a current police check.

What I am trying to establish is that I do not need to have either when I first arrive but will need them later is this correct?

macca46

Offline Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am

• Sr Member
  • From California, now living in Sta Rosa, Laguna
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
Thanks for that info the police check one is about double the normal fee and on reading up on the booklet it would appear that;
When I apply for a visa that is when I will need a current medical certificate and a current police check.
What I am trying to establish is that I do not need to have either when I first arrive but will need them later is this correct?

macca46
You're correct only if you can do everything that is required where you are presently residing at. For example, I did all of my paperwork in the U.S., which took me 3 months to accomplish and everything was authenticated as a complete bundled package aka a "Red Ribboned" documents http://tinyurl.com/hurcssv which included my SRRV application form, physical exam results, police clearance, security bank deposit already with the PRA, source of income, etc and whatever else is on their PRA checklist requirements. (Authenticated and accomplished only at the nearest Philippine Consulate, my cost was only $25 U.S. paid in cash) and upon returning to the Philippines all I had to do was submit my entire "Red ribboned" document package. The PRA will require a second copy of the original documents. After 20 days, my passport with the SRRVisa stamp and SRRV I.D. Card (renewable once every 3 yrs including the annual report - paid in advance, $10 a yr) was ready for pickup which took only about an hour from start to finish, which I did mine at the main PRA office in Makati.   
"Life is what we all make it to be"!
"It's always a matter of money"!
"Do on to others as they would do on to You, but do it first"!
"Different strokes for different folks"!
"Que Sera Sera"!