Author Topic: Wii central ?  (Read 2825 times)

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
Wii central ?
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:42:41 AM »
Are Nintendo Wii systems and games available in the PHILS?† † Do you know if my Wii system bought here in US is compatible with Philippines?†  Any info appreciated.† Thanks sm

Re: Wii central ?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »
Are Nintendo Wii systems and games available in the PHILS?† † Do you know if my Wii system bought here in US is compatible with Philippines?† †Any info appreciated.† Thanks sm

I have seen Wii systems for sale in the shops here, and as the TV system is the same as the US, I imagine your one would work OK here. The only thing you may have to watch is the voltage difference; will yours work on 220 volts? You may have to get a transformer, but they are cheap and readily available.

Colin

Offline Manila Cockney

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:14:53 PM »
I priced a Wii system here its 22,000 pesos expensive. Anybody know where in Manila it may be a lot cheaper. If I buy one from US, its NTSC system I could buy an adaptor for 220v but what about region coding? Will games bought here work on it.† I know games can be bought cheap here (not genuine) are they region coded?

How about if I get one brought in from Abu Dhabi or Dubai, its PAL but I have 2 multi tvs so no problem. What about the region coding.†

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
I priced a Wii system here its 22,000 pesos expensive. Anybody know where in Manila it may be a lot cheaper. If I buy one from US, its NTSC system I could buy an adaptor for 220v but what about region coding? Will games bought here work on it.† I know games can be bought cheap here (not genuine) are they region coded?

How about if I get one brought in from Abu Dhabi or Dubai, its PAL but I have 2 multi tvs so no problem. What about the region coding.†

Are any games regionally coded? I thought that was just for movies to tie in with release dates etc. I don\'t know, but would be surprised if they were.

This could provide some answers

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/09/regionfree_wii.html?entry_id=1556591

Colin

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »

MC,

I have a Playstation & all games work on it. If the games are not cracked the Wii can be chipped i\'m sure. If you are around Festival Mall in Alabang check out the 2nd(?) floor where there are lots of shops for games machines.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »

If I buy one from US, its NTSC system I could buy an adaptor for 220v but what about region coding?

A different time... a different place.. you may have heard me reply a little differently - well... its a different time and a different place.... just like we dont call PETA here to report consumption of \"day old chicks\" ... so heres my 2 cents worth.

With teens in the house and a sampling of major game consoles I like to consider myself slightly informed about these matters.

Like Colin said... if its 110v dont worry... P300 can buy you a voltage changer (transformer) so you can still use it ... if you ever accidentally plug it into the wall without the adaptor/transformer it will just smell like burnt eggs and need a new power supply unit ... IF you were lucky...

Games here... 90% of them will NOT work out of the box.... why?

Thats because 90% of the games you find here are bootlegged.... you have to look for then vendor booths with little signs that say \"PSP MODDING, XBOX MODDING, WII MODDING, ETC\" to make them work.... usually found near the mobile phone techs.

For your PSP and XBOX360 all they do is re-program it... they lose nothing.. and it does not consume any items.. so you can negotiate price... for the Wii you need an actual \"mod chip\" installed. The Nintendo DS is by far the EASIEST to \"mod\". Just buy a cartridge (R4, EDGE, TT, etc - approx P1700) and have any vendor copy games to the MicroSD memory you buy for it (4GB does fine and memory is sold seperately) same price as PSP games. Some DS mod-cartridges are CHINESE ONLY ! but you select a game by clicking on its icon/picture... just get the english version IF its available... if not youre still ok... just a little bit less ok than if you had the english version. EDGE has many languages including English/Tagalog all on one cart... its nice and even Major stores like ELECTRONICS BOTIQUE carry that one.

Once \"modded\" your console (wii/xbox360 etc) will play dvd\'s from ANY country regardless of encoding.

It also allows you to use the games the vendors sell for .. hmmm...† not sure of the price...† maybe P300 MAX for each wii title. PC titles are only P80 CD and P150 ish DVD.... Xbox360\'s are pricey also around P300 each because they use DOUBLE layer DVD\'s... PSP games about P50 each... sometimes several games on 1 DVD for a greater savings.

Just remember its the teens... NOT me... I never attended any copper-con, gen-con, E3 or Blizzcon and I didnt cry when we got wtfpwnd in Black Temple yesterday morning... I mean.. not WE... I mean my kids jeez...† ;D

Also remember if you do NOT get your console \"modded\" you are stuck to only getting games when you go to BIG stores... and then you have maybe... 1 dozen games to choose from... TOTAL.... and will NEVER see most of the ones you actually want.

Also when a new game comes out the store may have LESS than 3 ordered... when they are gone... you can only PRAY to see it in a month... MAYBE....

Just leave all those vendor purchased DVD\'s behind when you go back to the states.... I hear customs will gladly dispose of them for you... same as going back with a few dozen P1000 rolex watches or Gucci purses... they make great gifts by the way for those who dont live near NYC or LA and cant get such things:P
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline samatm

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 07:59:45 AM »
thanks for the great post.. those kids sure do keep us on our toes.. I guess when in rome..er manila or cebu...do as the romans do.† †I\'ll be heading to the Mod shops soon enough.† †In HK I bought a wii disk (not official wii) called freeloader that supposedly will allow me to play other country formatted games. You are to run the disk before you play a game..† † Will let you know if it works...† † The DS Mod sounds like a good seller.

bisaya, cebuano, cebuano lessons, bisaya lessons
Romantic Tagalog