Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Hobbies and Interests

first love9 hobbies and interest)

(1/4) > >>

she:
 :D hi hello Im chel I work as a teacher in bulacan.. during my† studying i know whats my interest but unfortunately becaouse of financial problems I sent to† a course which not† very fitted to my interest.. well I gone to Education course... but what I† really likes more is to the field of drawing ,† and most my first love is singing.. yeah I really really love singing.. I discover my talent† durinbg my high shool years... I cant live without its... I love also drawing i love paintings and visit museums
 well even though Im working as a teacher I ve always use my talents and its very productive ... i use to make drawing in teaching little kids most especially in grade one,,, they really amazed† and makes me feel proud bout that... jeje not all people can draw nicely and sing well right?????? but on the other hand I was sad coz my real voice gone and I dont know if its will come back anymore...† I think becouse of my everyday work as a teacher my voice affected,,, I talked a lots 7:30 to 5:00†  and sometimes I give† more of time for some students who are slow in the class.. so I went home almost 5: 30.. and makes me tired all day .. but when they learned I felt happy..... teaching is a part of my life and now Im enjoying it.. hope my voice will be† back and Im planning to make a check up on doctor bout it

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:
My father told me when I was young that if you can find a job that you enjoy and can be happy doing, \"everything else justs gets easier to handle\"

I tried telphone engineering but the career path that the training oficer had mapped out for me filled me with dread. I took an aptitude test with pointed to computer programming and started down that career path.
At times the work was demanding but I enjoyed solving the problems. After about 5 years in that field most of my work became mentoring new trainees.....something that I found added extra reward to my line of work.
Even branched out to run training courses in New York and enjoyed the hell out of that.

I really feel sorry for people doing jobs they hate. I don\'t mean to sound condescending, just wish they were as fortunate as myself

Hobbies used to include painting when I was younger, teenager, then playing football (soccer) took up most of my social life in twenties and early thirties, when golf and sailing took over.

she:
 thanks for ur share.. yeah.... doing works u really like feels u more confident and used to improved and developed it...... Im happy wit u coz u enjoy ur field of work a lot

:

--- Quote from: c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n on August 01, 2009, 04:55:15 PM ---My father told me when I was young that if you can find a job that you enjoy and can be happy doing, \"everything else justs gets easier to handle\"

I tried telphone engineering but the career path that the training oficer had mapped out for me filled me with dread. I took an aptitude test with pointed to computer programming and started down that career path.
At times the work was demanding but I enjoyed solving the problems. After about 5 years in that field most of my work became mentoring new trainees.....something that I found added extra reward to my line of work.
Even branched out to run training courses in New York and enjoyed the hell out of that.

I really feel sorry for people doing jobs they hate. I don\'t mean to sound condescending, just wish they were as fortunate as myself

Hobbies used to include painting when I was younger, teenager, then playing football (soccer) took up most of my social life in twenties and early thirties, when golf and sailing took over.

--- End quote ---

I had the exact opposite experience, but I guess it does depend on which department you join. When I was young I used to like taking things apart to find out how they worked, they never did afterwards ;D. I joined and was trained in the Inspection branch of the Post Office, now British Telecom, where we had to approve either things repaired by the factory or ordered on contracts from many manufacturers. As well as all the electrical and electronic equipment, this could range from postmanís watches (when we were part of the post office) to cables for the underwater cable laying ships, and almost everything else in between that a big organisation like British Telecom ever bought. Part of that was also repair and calibration of all types of test equipment. I later moved on to writing maintenance instruction, then a number of years in a development lab. I finally moved onto a section that I was not so keen on, so jumped at the chance to take early retirement when it was offered during BTís downsizing operation. This was just two years after Bing and I were married, good timing† ;D

Hobbies started with model aircraft in my teens and early twenties, then ballroom dancing which ceased after I was first married. During my teens I was in the Air Training corps and was lucky enough to be sent on a gliding course where I finally flew solo. I would have liked to continue this, but it was an expensive team effort. Instead in my early thirties I bought a single handed racing dinghy and raced every Sunday for a number years. Unfortunately my first wife put too much pressure on me to stop, it got to a stage of my marriage or sailing; I chose the marriage. I then picked up building and flying model aircraft again, but when my first wife decided to leave, I just made a complete break with everything in my life, I wanted a fresh start.† It was not long after that the Bing came on the scene, what a life changing experience† ;D. Since then it has been computers, photography and designing houses. Somewhere amongst all that was a lot of DIY, and working on motorcycles and cars

Colin

dylanaz:

--- Quote from: she on August 01, 2009, 04:39:25 PM ---but on the other hand I was sad coz my real voice gone and I dont know if its will come back anymore...† I think becouse of my everyday work as a teacher my voice affected,,, I talked a lots 7:30 to 5:00† †and sometimes I give† more of time for some students who are slow in the class.. so I went home almost 5: 30.. and makes me tired all day .. but when they learned I felt happy..... teaching is a part of my life and now Im enjoying it.. hope my voice will be† back and Im planning to make a check up on doctor bout it[/color][/right]

--- End quote ---

Its not really that your \"real voice is gone\" - its more that you have to do vocal exercises in order to use your NEW voice because the muscles have simply changed.
I spent years lecturing the same hours you have and yes - I think it is bad for the singing voice to use your voice so much. My singing got WORSE because of my job also.

That means you have less control of your voice because probably the muscles are too stretched. (hmm ok now I have to actually open a textbook from school to find what im thinking... brb getting a textbook off my shelf)

Dr. Clifton Ware ,Professor Emeritus of Vocal Pedagogy, said in his book (Adventures in Singing 4th Ed. 2008) that singers should never \"speak too much or too loudly...\" and we have to break that rule everytime we work as a teacher/lecturer. Its sad to have to damage your voice everyday for work but there are exercises we can do to help adjust to the \'bad\' things we must do for our jobs... so

I think all you have to do is find the proper vocal exercises to help you regain control of your voice and learn to control those overused vocal muscles... Maybe even changing the intensity of your voice during work hours...† there may be many options - just google that Dr. Ware and see some of what he talks about...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version