Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Hobbies and Interests

Drag racing

(1/2) > >>

:
If anybody in Pampanga is into drag racing there is a nice new race track in Clark base, called Clark International Speedway.

It is not just drags, but various car and bike cicrcuit racing too. I went for the first time last Saturday, had a good day there hanging with some racer buddies of mine. Here are their cars:

Knowdafish:
Cool! I can hear the sound of open headers now!  ;D

Do they have a christmas tree at the starting line? I can\'t tell from the pics.

1/4 mile I assume? Fastest time you saw when you were there?

:

--- Quote from: Knowdafish on July 28, 2010, 12:48:57 AM ---Cool! I can hear the sound of open headers now!  ;D

Do they have a christmas tree at the starting line? I can\'t tell from the pics.

1/4 mile I assume? Fastest time you saw when you were there?

--- End quote ---

Oh yes, they have the full Xmas tree, timing lights, speed trap, and you get the ticket at the end of the run.

I was there about mid July and that Blue Haze roadster did a 10.6.

It is the last meeting of the season I think, and a lot of the cars are broken now or out of the runnings. There was a car running 8.5 second quarter, but it crashed and broke into many pieces! It was front wheel drive four cylinder turbo.

Next race is 11th September, and I shall be driving a \'68 Camaro: Blown Crazy.  ;D It is a friends car, not mine, and I used to race it ten years ago, and I\'ll take over the hot seat again now we\'ve moved back there.

jonnyivy:
.. brings back memories,..... can remember 20 years ago or more, taking our annual long weekend down to Santa Pod, brilliant buzz watching the top fuellers. Seen the American Sammy Millar (I think) breaking the UK record with his rocket car \"Vanishing point\",.. what a noise !! Was is 3 or 4 seconds ?? cant remember.
Like the photos though,...

Jonny

paulgee:
Interesting .... I am over in December for a few weeks, staying nearby at San Fernando. Is there likely to be a meeting then?

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version