Technical Stuff > Internet Connections & TV

Internet services in Banna Ilocos Norte

(1/1)

daddymac:
Need some help here, Please. I can\'t live without my internet. lol. Really, I do a lot of banking transactions on the computer and paying bills and keeping track of my money (little that I have). What if any can I do to get internet services in a area of the Philippines that doesn\'t have the availability of internet services? When I was in paradise in July I went to Laoag Ilocos Norte and was told services are not available yet with Smartbro. Could I get satellite services and if so whom do I contact and how many millions of dollars might I spend? (lol). any help or advise will help. I will be returning in January of 2009 for a four month stay then make our permanent move in the first part of 2010.
Steve from San Diego

RUFUS:
By 2010, descent internet service will more than likely be in your area unless you plan on moving to Junglesvania.

:

--- Quote from: daddymac on August 12, 2008, 11:25:29 PM ---Need some help here, Please. I can\'t live without my internet. lol. Really, I do a lot of banking transactions on the computer and paying bills and keeping track of my money (little that I have). What if any can I do to get internet services in a area of the Philippines that doesn\'t have the availability of internet services? When I was in paradise in July I went to Laoag Ilocos Norte and was told services are not available yet with Smartbro. Could I get satellite services and if so whom do I contact and how many millions of dollars might I spend? (lol). any help or advise will help. I will be returning in January of 2009 for a four month stay then make our permanent move in the first part of 2010.
Steve from San Diego

--- End quote ---

I am surprised that you cannot get SmartBro as they use the cellphone towers for their transmissions. I suggest you contact the customer services rep on the Smart web site to find their planned installations.

Colin

coutts00:
Smart Bro has a prepaid USB connect modem which works through their Cell network and they claim it works nationwide, so if you can get a smart cell signal at the house you have internet at the house as well, its 20 pesos and hour or 10 pesos per 30 mins. The modem is 3800p and you get 5 hrs on the card, from there it is prepaid, you can go to any smart load seller and get load from them in 300 or 100p denominations. A bit expensive, but until smart rolls out wireless in your area, its probably the best way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version