Technical Stuff > Computers and Computer software

Proxy Server (was \"Just a Test\")

(1/3) > >>

Lee2:
Get a proxy server and it will work for you too. Last year I used the cheap version of hide my ip and could change my ip address to another country and then watch programs. I have since deleted the program because I found it to be more problems that it was worth, yet I hear from others that the more expensive version works OK.

Then some friends use a free one called Hotspot Shield and tell me that works well too but I have not tried it because I have been told it includes adverting and I hate that, so maybe someone who have can chime in.
Free download here from a safe source if you wish to try it http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/  

paulgee:
A proxy server would be useful when we stay in our new house in Pampanga for the first time, probably autumn time, for a few months. Nice to be able to watch TV from the UK, BBC etc on their iplayer. Just need to buy a computer and TV when we arrive, oh and get hooked up to some internet connection.

May give it a go, there is only so much local TV I can take. Are there free proxy servers or are they all pay ones? I have never really thought of it before, but now we plan to spend longer periods there each year it is a good idea.

Paul

Steve & Myrlita:

--- Quote from: paulgee on April 01, 2012, 04:02:19 AM ---A proxy server would be useful when we stay in our new house in Pampanga for the first time, probably autumn time, for a few months. Nice to be able to watch TV from the UK, BBC etc on their iplayer. Just need to buy a computer and TV when we arrive, oh and get hooked up to some internet connection.

May give it a go, there is only so much local TV I can take. Are there free proxy servers or are they all pay ones? I have never really thought of it before, but now we plan to spend longer periods there each year it is a good idea.

Paul

--- End quote ---
Paul, I use Hotspot Shield and works ok. As Lee said, here\'s his quote:

--- Quote ---Then some friends use a free one called Hotspot Shield and tell me that works well too but I have not tried it because I have been told it includes adverting and I hate that, so maybe someone who have can chime in.
Free download here from a safe source if you wish to try it http://download.cnet.com/hotspot-shield/
--- End quote ---
God Bless.......

richardsinger:

--- Quote from: paulgee on April 01, 2012, 04:02:19 AM ---A proxy server would be useful when we stay in our new house in Pampanga for the first time, probably autumn time, for a few months. Nice to be able to watch TV from the UK, BBC etc on their iplayer. Just need to buy a computer and TV when we arrive, oh and get hooked up to some internet connection.

Paul

--- End quote ---

Hi Paul. I am using a torrent based site for accessing UK TV. There are one or 2 sites with very good coverage and I can recommend this if you want to watch your favourite shows. They have many many old shows as well, so if you are into 1960\'s Doctor Who or Morecombe and Wise, you can find it easily.

If you are interested, please PM me for details.

Richard

Lee2:
Hotspot shield will probably only work for those of us from the US since it says US ip address somewhere I read, so those from other countries will have to find one that will work for them giving them an ip address from that country. The higher priced Hide my ip allowed ip addresses from any country.

Best not to use ip programs when accessing forums since many use software to block out spammers and a person using an ip program might end up automatically banned by the software as spammers get more sophisticated, so therefore the software does too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version