Technical Stuff > Cellphones, communication in general

Mobiles calling landlines

<< < (3/5) > >>

suzukig1:
Mobile phones in the PHL can call landlines.

If it is not working

1. The wrong number was dialled.

2. There was not enough load available in the mobile phone.

Steve & Myrlita:
Ok folks, the topic here is Mobiles Calling Landlines. Many of these posts are way off topic. I'll let the posts stand for now but please, let's get back on topic. I'm trying hard not to be a meanie so let's not push it.

robbie_d:

--- Quote from: Steve & Myrlita on June 02, 2019, 11:45:26 AM ---Ok folks, the topic here is Mobiles Calling Landlines. Many of these posts are way off topic. I'll let the posts stand for now but please, let's get back on topic. I'm trying hard not to be a meanie so let's not push it.

--- End quote ---

Yes, Steve,

I am the only "folk" who took it "off topic" because the reason WHY i am asking about phones is because she can't call lawyers with her mobile.

While i was at it, i thought to offer the information about the laws concerning illegitimate children because the whole situation is about that, fundamentally.

I do apologize if i seem a tad inconsiderate to the forum "structure" but i think her situation is, in a way, related to the phone topic. The reason i brought the phone topic up is due to her not being able to contact lawyers with her mobile.

However, i did ask for a clarification of what you and User444 had said concerning dialing the right codes and the phone numbers in regards the what i found on the internet (and quoted) about codes and phone numbers needed to be dialed on a mobile with which to contact a landline. 

Now, had brought up my bicycle's flat tire and posted details on how to repair a flat tire, then i would then be really off topic lol.

I even mentioned it's "off-topic" and saw to quoting my own post concerning the law so that it can't be automatically quoted by others in this topic discussion.
However, if anyone wishes to, they can copy and paste the text in the post and repost it elsewhere in a topic discussion about illegitimate children born in The PH. 

I can't write posts that are like cartoon speech bubbles. Well, i suppose i CAN do that, but when i feel a need to elaborate, i like to think it's okay to do so.
I really feel words are important.

I think you do know how i can go on and on as i enjoy writing.
I will and do respect the rules. 

If it was up to me, i would have just created one thread called, "Robbie and his PH gf" and just put everything i've written so far into that one thread and let it go awry. At least, that way, i would know exactly where to find all the posts concerning her and me.
My whole relationship with her seems to be turning into an unexpected epic saga or drama.

I only have separate threads by trying to respect the topic structure of the forum menus. However, all i talk about is "Robbie and his PH gf".

Please, forgive me.
Rob

Peter:

--- Quote from: Peter on June 01, 2019, 04:12:20 PM ---......................   
I refuse to call outside my Smart network, as the "load" just disappears "toot sweet!" .....
Peter

--- End quote ---
:-[ :-[ :-[
Just after I posted that, I had a message to contact a call centre 02 (Manila) number from my prepaid Smart sim mobile. Just under 4 minutes on the line cost PhP 50.00. Ouch!  :'(
For comparison, my wife and daughter get 100 minutes talk, valid for 3 days, for PhP 30.00 on a "Sasko" (sp?) promo.

Peter

robbie_d:

--- Quote from: suzukig1 on June 02, 2019, 10:58:13 AM ---Mobile phones in the PHL can call landlines.

If it is not working

1. The wrong number was dialled.

2. There was not enough load available in the mobile phone.

--- End quote ---

Hi suzukig1,

Thanks!! So she CAN call the lawyers' offices with her mobile. It's funny that she was not aware of that fact as she lives with that gadget in her hand all day long.

Here are two phone numbers of the twenty Olongapo City lawyers which i sent to her, as listed on the internet:
+63 998 976 3406 (This is a mobile, correct?)
+63 47 223 7931   (This is not a mobile, correct?)

What exactly would she have to dial if she is NOT in Olongapo City when calling these Olongapo City numbers?

This what i had posted earlier.
"I found this on the net:
Phone Codes
For domestic long-distance calls or calls to mobile numbers, dial 0 followed by the city code (or mobile prefix) and then the seven-digit number.

Mobile Phones
More Information
To dial a landline or mobile number from a mobile phone dial 0 or +63 followed by the three-digit prefix and the seven-digit number.
Mobile prefixes always begin with a 9 (eg 917, 906)."
- One of the numbers is +63 47 223 7931. It only has a two-digit prefix. Does it matter? 
- If she is in let's say, Pilar (Bataan) and wants to call Olongapo (Bataan), is that considered a long distance call?
- From where to where on the map i've attached would be just over the borderline to make a phone call a long distance call?
- It says above "...dial 0 or +63 followed by...". Why would she dial a 0 when she can just dial +63?

I need to know what to tell her to dial, so she can't say again, "It doesn't work with a mobile!"

Thanks so much.
I appreciate everyone's time and efforts spent helping me understand it all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version