Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: attachments / embedded pictures  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Ronin

attachments / embedded pictures
« on: May 15, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
Is there a way to attach a image to a post and have that image embedded in the post?

Thanks...

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
Re: attachments / embedded pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »
Is there a way to attach a image to a post and have that image embedded in the post?

Thanks...
Currently, the forum software does not support direct upload. What you can do is go to the topic for Photo bucket. It should help. I found this reply:

Yes, you can add photos between your text, but it\'s a bit more complicated.  First you\'ll need to go to Photobucket.com and start an album.  It\'s free and as far as I know, unlimited.  Upload your pictures there, but make sure you resize them before you upload.  I made the mistake of loading some full size (2MB) photos and put them on the forum.  Photobucket resized them for me, but they were about 5X larger than they should have been.  They were viewable, but ate up all the available space in the folder and no one else could load a picture until I removed mine.

Once you\'ve uploaded your resized pictures, open your album in Photobucket and locate the picture you want to use.  Click on the box underneath.  This will give you a selection of tabs below.  Choose the \"Generate HTML and IMG Code.  You will then see a group of boxes with different codes to use.  Select the one that is labeled \"IMG images for message boards\" and copy the IMG code enclosed in brackets.  Then you \"paste\" this entire code into your post wherever you want it.  When you save your post the images will appear within the text.

***One word of caution for everyone who uses this method!!***  PLEASE make sure you resize BEFORE you download the image in Photobucket.  Otherwise, you will overload the photo folder preventing everyone else form loading images on the board.

We are in the process of seeing what we can do about our images and I was cautioned by others that we should  refrain from posting our photos this way, unless we resize them beforehand.  So take note and please, everyone comply with this request.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline Ronin

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 06:25:01 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies.

I know about linking an existing image but what I want to do is upload and display my own pictures.

Sigh...

Guess I'm outta luck...

Offline Lee2

• Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »
I used to use Photobucket a lot on this forum and that worked well for me but nowadays I hardly post any images. Yup this forum software sure has its limitations.  :(
:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:53:25 AM »
I may be wrong (it's been a while since I posted anything) but I believe you can attach images easily. The problem arises when you attach an image that's too large (1MB+) The software prefers that you resize your photos to something no larger than 500kb, and that you also limit the number of images to less than 10 per post. Images tend to eat up resources like nothing else. In the past we would regularly delete old images after a year or so.

If you wish to embed images, then you must first use an imaging service like PhotoBucket that will generate an image code to embed in the body of your post. Some limitations apply to these also.

By the way, howdy gang!  ;D
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH