Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Hobbies and Interests

Converting Photos to Works of Art

(1/2) > >>

:
It is better to have a hobby than to drink yourself into an early grave. Here is one of the many hobbies that I dabble with sometimes, converting Photos to Works of Art. There are many programmes that will do the conversion automatically, but the one I found recently is better than most and it is free. It is called PhotoSketcher and can be downloaded from http://www.fotosketcher.com/ . Here are a couple of samples that I have produced with it.

This is an oil painting from a photo I took many years ago while staying at Inagawan Prison Farm.

This is a drawing from a recent photo of a restaurant on Bakers Hill in Puerto Princesa

These conversion do not require any artistic skill, you just select the style then play with a number of different parameters to get the result you want. These can be printed very cheaply on canvas and hung on the wall.

Colin

tom.inbigdtexas:

--- Quote from: Colin on December 08, 2010, 10:31:13 AM ---It is better to have a hobby than to drink yourself into an early grave. Here is one of the many hobbies that I dabble with sometimes, converting Photos to Works of Art. There are many programmes that will do the conversion automatically, but the one I found recently is better than most and it is free. It is called PhotoSketcher and can be downloaded from http://www.fotosketcher.com/ . Here are a couple of samples that I have produced with it.
These conversion do not require any artistic skill, you just select the style then play with a number of different parameters to get the result you want. These can be printed very cheaply on canvas and hung on the wall.

Colin

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Colin.  This looks very interesting.

If it works well with images of people, it would be fun to convert some \"boring\" photographs of family members into faux paintings... I could hang them along the stairwells and pretend to be an English aristocrat. ;D

As an added benefit... it might distract me from overdosing on shooting pool and bowling.

hdmule:
Colin .. thanks ..... that program is addicting ...... started out just browsing and ended up 2 hours later still playing around with it ......

dylanaz:
Nice ! Thanks for sharing Colin.

Do you have your own Mat cutter - or do you have them made up at the local bookstores?

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:
I used to do something similar some 8-10 years ago when part-time editor of sailing magazine, added a slightly different touch to the photos I received with articles....and articles without photos needed a pictorial addition

The oil painting you produced certainly looks much better quality than the product I was using; can\'t see much improvement with line drawing over the years

Yes very enjoyable tool to play around with

Stores aren\'t exactly givng pix-to-canvas away dirt cheap, I believe they realise it\'s a \"foreigner\" thing and upping price accordingly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version