Technical Stuff > Cellphones, communication in general

Magic Jack Plus, the new Magic Jack

<< < (2/9) > >>

wildbill:
Thanks Lee.my magic jack is the old USB type.will it work here.

Lee2:

--- Quote from: wildbill on May 11, 2014, 09:10:45 AM ---Thanks Lee.my magic jack is the old USB type.will it work here.

--- End quote ---

Yes, if it is with load, so to speak, then it will work anywhere in the world on an internet connection as long as the things I wrote above are taken into account. I use mine everywhere and the only place it would not work was while on a hotel ethernet cable in Makati because the hotel blocked VOIP phones in their system so they could charge for the calls, Hotels sometimes will do that.

JoeLP:
Ok, new question.  My one year is coming up and I am going to renew it.  No problem here.  Here's the question.  I am thinking of buying  a new for this reason.  If possible, can I get a 2nd MJ and set it up with my home number and address being in the Philippines and get free calling across the Phils?  Basically, have one phone/MJ for USA calls, and one phone/mj for Phils calls? 
Maybe they are not set up for use in the Phils, I don't know, but if so, that has to work....right?

Lee2:

--- Quote from: JoeLP on May 12, 2014, 10:50:30 PM ---Ok, new question.  My one year is coming up and I am going to renew it.  No problem here.  Here's the question.  I am thinking of buying  a new for this reason.  If possible, can I get a 2nd MJ and set it up with my home number and address being in the Philippines and get free calling across the Phils?  Basically, have one phone/MJ for USA calls, and one phone/mj for Phils calls? 
Maybe they are not set up for use in the Phils, I don't know, but if so, that has to work....right?

--- End quote ---

You would only need only one MJ but you could use two to do it and load it with long distance money to call the Philippines even when you are in the Philippines. So no there is no way to do it for free and as far I know of there is no VOIP service that includes Philippine phone numbers but wish they would develop one since that would make it easier on my wife and I as well. When in the Philippines we now just use our Smart cell phone to make calls to landlines and cell phones when texts will not do the trick. Next year when we get back we will buy a PLDT sim card to put in one of our cell phones so we will then have a local phone number to call landlines from and to be called from landlines.

Also as for registering a MJ, as far as I can see you can only register one with a US address and then use it anywhere in the world you wish to. I set one up for a friend while in Cebu last month and when we registered it, it asked for a US address so we used my PO BOX for his MJ.

Here is the international rate chart http://www.magicjack.com/action/international?language=

So the Philippines calls cost basically $0.1450 to $0.2150 cents per minute and with one set of phone numbers as high as $0.2920 per minute. :(

JoeLP:
Lee,
Thanks, you answered my question.  I wanted to put both of them here in the Phils.  One for local, one for US calls.  I didn't know if the Phils were set up for it yet. 
For 3 years now I have been using MJ for my phone in the US.  Since the original came out and I bought an older desktop at a yard sale just for the MJ.  Hooked it up to the USB port and always left it on.  Then when the MJP came out, I went to that and hooked it straight to my modem/router device. 
Like you, I look forward to when the Phils will work with VOIP and allow for MJ to set up here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version