Living in The Philippines > Immigration,Visas to stay in the Philippines

GOT QUESTIONS RE: COURTESY SRRV FOR VETS

<< < (2/4) > >>

nwlivewire:
WOW!

THANK-YOU VERY MUCH FOR SUCH QUICK AND ACCURATE RESPONSES!

I have created a special file folder on my computer, & have cut & pasted all the data that has been provided to from all of you.

There is a Philippine Consulate about 100 miles from where I live.  On their website, they can only officially notarize and only notarize documents for those who live in the State where this Consulate is physically located. 

Need appointment, and need to bring BOTH a current US Passport and a current, local State picture ID (driver's license) for notary process to begin.

From the information provided to me from this awesome website, it appears that I am best to get the following documents notarized here in the US at the "local" Philippine Consulate PRIOR to departure:

1.  DD-214
2.  Retirement Pay Statement from DFAS
3.  Retirement Pay statement from the VA
4.  FBI clearance document (whatever is this document/form named or numbered?)

It is best to get all these documents Stateside approved within 30 days prior to the actual departure date to the Philippines to ensure "freshness" of document information and Consulate notarial approval.

IF I HAVE MISSED A FORM OR DOCUMENT, LET ME KNOW.do I pay cash

ONLY TWO QUESTIONS LEFT....

QUESTION ONE

1.  One fellow said the 1,400 USD application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
OK.  That's the way it goes - you pays your money - you takes your chances.

BUT, is the money paid in cash?  How does this work when I won't have a Philippine bank account yet?

QUESTION TWO

2.  Any good websites to direct me to for a 3 -6 month stay in Manila? - close to Makati District (Embassy Row area)?  I'm thinking my MAX budget for short-term rent is the LIMIT of MAX 750 - 1,000 USD.  Furnished with Kitchen, close to taxi, public transit is ideal.

Being an older female that doesn't look like a local - I'm just wanting to steer clear of unsafe neighborhoods and stay in safer places.

Any ideas???  Oh.  I've travelled to many places all over the world, so I am grounded in basic personal safety issues.  Just trying to be reasonable here.

Again, I thank all of you and this website for providing me with the good basic tools and the solid ground intel I need that will move my vision to fruition. 

Many, many thanks!

V/R,
nwlivewire

Portland, Oregon

PHILIPPINES or BUST!

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
Diana,

Go to this PRA website link below and it will provide you with all of the information you may need concerning this SRRV Program and you can even apply on-line.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Art

Lee2:
My friend had to pay for his SRRV and his deposit in cash, even though he has Philippine bank accounts.

As for rentals, I do not know the safe or not safe of areas of Makati but looking on Olx.ph will give you an idea of availability and prices.
http://www.olx.ph/index.php/classifieds+directory/q/makati+apartment+for+rent/province/Metro+Manila

Also I am going to guess from personal experience that most condo complexes should be safe for the most part.

medic3500:
NWLIVEWIRE,

I'm curious why you are considering SRRV if your not planning on permanent residence here.  The tourist visa allows you stay up to several months at a time now which can be renewed. I think the tourist visa would be cheaper for the short term and SRRV for long term. I'm not sure if availing of the SRRV would qualify you resident status for tuition fees which would be awesome if it does as tuition is quite reasonable if it does.   

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
If she finds a school in the Philippines to use her GI Bill for 3 yrs, the SRRV would be practical if she qualifies for the $1,500 bank deposit instead of the $10,000 deposit. If she does not qualify for the $1,500 deposit, she can do the LSVVE long stay visa extensions every 6 months up to a 36 months! The only drawback to the every 6 month visa extension, is if she leaves the Philippines within the 6 month period, she would lose the remainder of her visa extension and have to start all over again and pay the fees again too upon her return.
Her other option would be the every 2 months visa extensions and there is also the 9F Student Visa, but I don't know too much about it.
Below is the link concerning the 9F Student Visa.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular%20services/conserv-visa.htm#2e

http://www.dlsu.edu.ph/students/international/requirements/visa-conversion-process.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version