Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Forever Logged In  (Read 5576 times)

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
Forever Logged In
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:43:30 AM »
Ok, could not find this in the help section.  I want to avail of the \"Show unread posts since last visit\" feature.  If I log in \"Forever\", I am assuming that this feature will not work for me.  Therefore I must log in and out each time I visit.  Correct?

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Re: Forever Logged In
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
GregW,

If this doesn\'t answer your question, just let me know... Billy

While the Username and Password fields should be self-explanatory, Minutes to stay logged in simply means the number of minutes the cookie that keeps you logged in will last before expiring and requiring you to login again. So it\'s not advisable to enter a long time here if you share a computer and are likely to forget to logout, but you might prefer to check Always stay logged in if no-one else has access to your computer.

Ok, could not find this in the help section.  I want to avail of the \"Show unread posts since last visit\" feature.  If I log in \"Forever\", I am assuming that this feature will not work for me.  Therefore I must log in and out each time I visit.  Correct?

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
Hi Greg,

The answer is no, you do not need to log out. The New Post function works each time you go to the \"HOME\' screen. It treats it as a new session, like reloading the Yahoo home page, it checks for new mail.

Hope this helps.

Offline GregW

• Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
Thanks Billy and Keith.  That answers my questions.  No one else uses this computer, asawa has her own.  That is unless she\'s checking up on what I\'ve been looking at.  LOL!  Love those Pinay\'s!  Looks like there\'s no worries to log in forever.

Ako si Goyo.   Amerikano akong lawas pero Bisaya akong kasing-kasing

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »
Hey Keith where is the setting for getting Noreens computer to stay logged in forever, can you change it?
Wayne  ;D ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 12:24:59 PM »
Hey Keith where is the setting for getting Noreens computer to stay logged in forever, can you change it?

Hi Mate,

Before log in, look at the User Info box. It should say \'Name\' - \'Password\' - then another drop down menu for time. Select \'Forever\'. Also at the very bottom of the Home page is also Login. There is a check box for \'Forever\'. Job done.  8)

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 12:33:12 PM »
Thanks mate.

Wayne
Wayne  ;D ;D