Itís Your Money > Banking

credit card debt

<< < (2/3) > >>

iamjames:
If the cards were issued by Visa or Mastercard then I think it is with them rather than the individual bank that you have an issue.

JoeLP:

--- Quote from: 4321go on June 08, 2018, 09:24:54 AM ---Thanks for the feedback so far.  Yes, I guess this is a very rare issue and it might be hard to get solid advise as you mentioned.   To clarify this is a credit card issued by a Filipino Bank, BDO, not a US bank.  Debt incurred in the Philippines does not appear on USA credit reports, and I have stellar credit here in the USA.

--- End quote ---
My bad.  I took it to mean you had the debt when you left the USA and were in the Phils with that debt waiting for you back home.  I guess either hire that lawyer to see if your blocked from entry or just find the cheapest flight to the Phils and find out that way.  I would be a touch slow on making payments to a Philippine bank unless I could be there and get receipts. 

Peter:
One way to possibly find out if you will be allow entry, is to go to your "local" Philippines' Embassy or Consulate and apply for a long term tourist visa.

When I was traveling back with Gloria on her annual leaves, before we were married, although I was entitled as a UK citizen to a "visa free" entry, my holidays were always over the permissible time. ie around 32 days, when the max allowed was 21 days.

So I used to apply to our local Philippines Embassy for a 56 day pre-issued visa. It took around 5 working days to process and included, I was told, a check back to Manila (BI HQ Intramuros) by the local Consular staff to confirm that I was one of the "good guys"  :)"

Costs a lot less than a lawyer and the visa is valid for 12 months. But only for a single entry/exit.

Just a suggestion.

Peter

JoeLP:

--- Quote from: Peter on June 08, 2018, 03:46:35 PM ---One way to possibly find out if you will be allow entry, is to go to your "local" Philippines' Embassy or Consulate and apply for a long term tourist visa.

When I was traveling back with Gloria on her annual leaves, before we were married, although I was entitled as a UK citizen to a "visa free" entry, my holidays were always over the permissible time. ie around 32 days, when the max allowed was 21 days.

So I used to apply to our local Philippines Embassy for a 56 day pre-issued visa. It took around 5 working days to process and included, I was told, a check back to Manila (BI HQ Intramuros) by the local Consular staff to confirm that I was one of the "good guys"  :)"

Costs a lot less than a lawyer and the visa is valid for 12 months. But only for a single entry/exit.

Just a suggestion.

Peter

--- End quote ---
That sounds like the winning idea.  Didn't think about that.

4321go:
That is a great idea!  I will apply with my local embassy for a longer stay visa as you suggested.  Thank you Peter! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version