Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: New Members  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
New Members
« on: December 22, 2020, 04:37:39 PM »
Hi everyone,
1st Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from your Admins & Mods.

2nd - There's no easy way to say this so I'll get right to the point. For the last year or so, I've approved at least 50 new members. As of today, except for 2 or 3 of them, not one has posted a single post. I have 5 currently awaiting approval as of today. Until I see at least some effort to post, I am temporarily suspending new members approval. Many non posters have already been purged going back at least 2-3 years. For our current posters, Thank You and please keep up the good work. To the new members who were approved but not one post, start posting or your accounts will also be deleted. This board is financially supported by a few good members and I hate to see their hard earned money they've invested go to waste. Please don't let that happen. And please don't forget, us Admins & Mods donate our time with no pay running this forum and it is not easy. Please keep this in mind. Thank you all again & God Bless......Steve.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline The.Shadow

• Administrator
Re: New Members
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 11:49:26 PM »
Hi everyone,
1st Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from your Admins & Mods.

2nd - There's no easy way to say this so I'll get right to the point. For the last year or so, I've approved at least 50 new members. As of today, except for 2 or 3 of them, not one has posted a single post. I have 5 currently awaiting approval as of today. Until I see at least some effort to post, I am temporarily suspending new members approval. Many non posters have already been purged going back at least 2-3 years. For our current posters, Thank You and please keep up the good work. To the new members who were approved but not one post, start posting or your accounts will also be deleted. This board is financially supported by a few good members and I hate to see their hard earned money they've invested go to waste. Please don't let that happen. And please don't forget, us Admins & Mods donate our time with no pay running this forum and it is not easy. Please keep this in mind. Thank you all again & God Bless......Steve.

Steve, I feel you, man. Thanks for all you do to keep things running smoothly.

I had a look at our 5 new member requests and performed a search of their IP address. All appear to be legitimate IP's. So I approved all 5 with the additional requirement being that they activate their membership. They will get an email saying they've been approved but they must take one extra step to become an active member. We'll see if they are truly interested.

I never approve new members from communist China. All I've seen on the Forum are commercial scammers. There are a few other countries I've watched for over the years. Russia, Iran, Afghanistan, India all have garnered additional scrutiny when they came across my screen.

I use these tools to search IP addresses and to look for problem accounts:

https://www.ip-adress.com/ip-address/lookup
https://www.ipligence.com/geolocation

Anti-spam:

https://stopforumspam.com/

Hope this helps!  :)

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 02:09:37 AM »
I already do and more. Our dearly departed friend Lee taught me well. As for that require activation choice, I didn't use it but I will in the future. Good idea.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline Highwayman

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 07:52:34 AM »
Also a Merry Christmas from me and my wife.
I hope, given the virus circumstances,  you make the best of this year's Christmas and be well.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 12:59:02 PM »
Also a Merry Christmas from me and my wife.
I hope, given the virus circumstances,  you make the best of this year's Christmas and be well.
Thank you sir. Same to you and your family.
BTW: Since you fulfilled the required minimum of posts, you are now a full member and your posts will no longer need to be moderated. Welcome aboard.
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH

Offline codefreeze

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 07:47:35 PM »
Thank you Steve for all your hard work!