Itís Your Money > Money Exchanging

Sending Money to the Philippines

<< < (2/3) > >>

ronnsb:

--- Quote from: Lee on August 20, 2014, 12:14:09 AM ---My way costs me nothing in exchange or sending fees, and if just doing it for a visit, then no big deal paying the extra but if doing it over a long period of time, then I would rather that extra money is in my pocket to be used for a night out on the town or many nights out on the town over the years time, all depending on how much is to be sent.

In the example you used above, the savings is $13.73 if my math is correct, thus x12 that comes out to $165 a year, now I can think of a lot of things to do with an extra $165 or thereabouts.

--- End quote ---

That is great! Sure, I can think of a lot of things to do with that extra money too! Thanks for the info. I tried opening a bank account when I was there in May, but they would not do it, because I did not have a local address and hmmmm....possible other reasons!

ronnsb:

--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on August 20, 2014, 04:42:00 AM ---We've been using Xoom for the last few years.  I sent $1500 the other day to help pay for the funeral and burial expenses for my father in law.  The fee was $4.99.  The exchange rate on this transaction was 42.7005.  The money is ready for pickup immediately.  The family uses the local Lhuillier office for the cash pickup.  Too easy.    ;)

--- End quote ---

I meant to put Lhullier in my message, but I forgot about it!  :D I tried Xoom, but they would not let me send money, because it was not being sent to a relative. It's ok though...I understand. I'm glad it works well for you though!

JoeLP:

--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on August 20, 2014, 04:42:00 AM ---We've been using Xoom for the last few years.  I sent $1500 the other day to help pay for the funeral and burial expenses for my father in law.  The fee was $4.99.  The exchange rate on this transaction was 42.7005.  The money is ready for pickup immediately.  The family uses the local Lhuillier office for the cash pickup.  Too easy.    ;)

--- End quote ---

This.  xoom.com is all I use also.  A flat $4.99 fee for up to something like $2999 or maybe just $2000.  Anyway, free to pick up at any of a large number of places.  All I use to ship my monthly supply of money from my US bank account. 

Gray Wolf:

--- Quote from: ronnsb on August 20, 2014, 08:15:27 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I meant to put Lhullier in my message, but I forgot about it!  :D I tried Xoom, but they would not let me send money, because it was not being sent to a relative. It's ok though...I understand. I'm glad it works well for you though!

--- End quote ---

I wasn't aware there were any restrictions on who receives it as long as they have an ID to prove who they are.  All they required from me was a US bank account (check), the name of the person receiving the money (check) and the person must have a valid ID (check)

What did they say exactly when you tried to register?   

ronnsb:
The main thing I remember them saying was that I was not related to the person. They said this service was only to send money to relatives. They also asked if I had ever met her in person, and of course at that time I hadn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version