Itís Your Money > Banking

Are we treated like second class citizens when we visit a bank?

(1/2) > >>

coutts00:
I had a run in with a bank security guard today, the word arrogance does not adequately describe this \"piece of male gender\". I needed to make a deposit at land bank of the Philippines here in Taytay. As I approached the guard who was standing out front of the bank, I informed him I needed to make a deposit, he pointed to some chairs sitting in the hot sun, with people sitting on them. Now I have more than a little girth and flimsy plastic chairs bend and break very quickly when I sit on them, so I asked the guard if I could sit inside on one of the steel chairs. I did not care if it was Air conditioned inside or not, he could have bought it outside, would not have bothered me a bit. Even after showing him I was disabled and that I needed to sit out the wait for service, he grunted at me, pointed me to the chairs and ignored me from that point on.

Now we also have an account at Real Bank, when we go there the guard is polite and courteous, greets me in English, if it is raining he brings an umbrella to the car for us, and helps us to reverse into traffic all the time getting wet as he does it, he cheerfully says come again when we part. Once inside the bank, we are treated as first class citizens, it is where we hold our business account.

I have a nasty letter prepared to hand deliver to the branch manager on Monday morning in person, and as we have contact with the Mayor of our town, I might give him a copy as well, just so he can appreciate how the people who bring investment money to his town are treated by the banks in his town. I for one will be closing all of our family accounts at LandBank and moving them to Real Bank, I would recommend you do the same, maybe when they start losing hard US Currency from their Bank, they will ask why we take it out and question them about how we are treated. :( :(

Wayne

:

--- Quote from: coutts00 on May 03, 2008, 03:48:29 AM ---I had a run in with a bank security guard today, the word arrogance does not adequately describe this \"piece of male gender\". I needed to make a deposit at land bank of the Philippines here in Taytay. As I approached the guard who was standing out front of the bank, I informed him I needed to make a deposit, he pointed to some chairs sitting in the hot sun, with people sitting on them. Now I have more than a little girth and flimsy plastic chairs bend and break very quickly when I sit on them, so I asked the guard if I could sit inside on one of the steel chairs. I did not care if it was Air conditioned inside or not, he could have bought it outside, would not have bothered me a bit. Even after showing him I was disabled and that I needed to sit out the wait for service, he grunted at me, pointed me to the chairs and ignored me from that point on.

Now we also have an account at Real Bank, when we go there the guard is polite and courteous, greets me in English, if it is raining he brings an umbrella to the car for us, and helps us to reverse into traffic all the time getting wet as he does it, he cheerfully says come again when we part. Once inside the bank, we are treated as first class citizens, it is where we hold our business account.

I have a nasty letter prepared to hand deliver to the branch manager on Monday morning in person, and as we have contact with the Mayor of our town, I might give him a copy as well, just so he can appreciate how the people who bring investment money to his town are treated by the banks in his town. I for one will be closing all of our family accounts at LandBank and moving them to Real Bank, I would recommend you do the same, maybe when they start losing hard US Currency from their Bank, they will ask why we take it out and question them about how we are treated. :( :(

Wayne

--- End quote ---

Hi Wayne,

I think you are just unlucky with your Branch. We do not bank with Landbank, but bought our lot from them. We found them always very friendly and very helpful and gave us a very good price on the lot. We were recommended to go to them by the vice mayor who is a friend of Bings family.

Colin

BenK:
The two or three different branches of my bank (Unionbank) that I\'ve visited have all been pretty good, and of course the people at my local branch are aces. On the other hand, I\'ve been in two or three branches of my wife\'s bank (PSBank) that have been great, and two or three that have been wretched. I realize that things are different from one office to the next, BUT, if I had the same experience Wayne did, I would be yanking my money out of there right now. This is not really a philippine-related idea, I\'d do that anywhere; customers have a right to expect a certain level of treatment no matter what branch they go to, and banks need to realize that. Personally, even though I do no business with Landbank anyway, I was put off by them a long time ago, when I went to deposit CASH in my brother-in-law\'s account, and was informed there was a P100 charge for that. For a P1000 deposit. And I don\'t care how many other banks do the same thing (ours don\'t), that\'s just stupid.

:
The business plans of contemporary banks seem to be to skim off as much of the customers\' money as they can get away with because they know the customers usually can\'t take their business anywhere else.

It cost me $60 to transfer $A400 to RP - my bank charged me $20 and the BPI deducted a cool 10% at the other end for the massive amount of work involved in having an automatic online transaction go through their system.

Cost to send another $500 a few weeks later, using Xoom? $19.

Banks suck.

:
I have been banking with PCI then Equitable the BDO now. They have always treated me great. I have run into some of BDO branches in Cebu that they could use a course in public relations. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law send money from the USA every month to my mother=in-law to the now BDO and they are not charged on this end only the people at the USA end.†  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version