LinP Community > Photo Section

A few Pictures from Yolanda

<< < (3/4) > >>

blindman:
I had not seen this topic before.  Very interesting.  It's great that you and your family are safe Lee.

Hestecrefter:
While I generally avoid posting to old threads, I'll make an exception here to say thanks to coleman, both for the photos and for his honest and revealing assessment of the relief efforts and those involved.

Majal:

--- Quote from: Hestecrefter on October 18, 2015, 12:16:53 AM ---While I generally avoid posting to old threads, I'll make an exception here to say thanks to coleman, both for the photos and for his honest and revealing assessment of the relief efforts and those involved.

--- End quote ---

Hestecrefter.. that's on me posting on an old thread, not sure if that's a NO NO actually in this forum. I'm new to this forum and I am going through old post just so I don't bother asking the residents here about the same questions and concerns. Sometimes, I couldn't help to post a comment....so far, I'd found great amount of  valuable information specially pertaining to Philippine laws and regs, taxes, I need to really get familiar with this and sad to say I am out of the loop as well. My concerns primarily revolves around my husband moving there with me.

Lee2:

--- Quote from: Majal on October 18, 2015, 12:35:13 AM ---Hestecrefter.. that's on me posting on an old thread, not sure if that's a NO NO actually in this forum. I'm new to this forum and I am going through old post just so I don't bother asking the residents here about the same questions and concerns. Sometimes, I couldn't help to post a comment....so far, I'd found great amount of  valuable information specially pertaining to Philippine laws and regs, taxes, I need to really get familiar with this and sad to say I am out of the loop as well. My concerns primarily revolves around my husband moving there with me.

--- End quote ---
It is okay to post in threads that are within the last year or two but some of the older thread that members will see posts by guests in, those threads often do not work properly and I lock them whenever I see them to prevent issues. The owner of this forum tried to change the software from this one to another software and a lot of things got very messed up and then they changed it back to this software and once again it got screwed up even more, so we lost a lot of members who now seem to show as guests, which at times can make the forum a bit confusing and some topics end up not showing all posts. Since Jack left and I came on board, I repair those that I can repair but recently came across some that were beyond repair. :(

Anyway back to the topic, Yolanda did some terrible damage to Lee's (Coleman's) area, to north Cebu and I am sure to other areas, it was great to have Lee post the photos and give us his take on the lack of response. :( I too would like to thank Lee for this topic and the photos.

Hestecrefter:
Majal,

My comment about posting on old threads was not intended as criticism.  Au contraire, you did a service by bringing something worthwhile to my attention.

As for posting to old threads in general, Lee has kindly set out the moderators' views on the matter.  I was simply expressing my own practice, because it is not always easy to remember from forum to forum what are the rules.  I am a member of some where posting to a thread over a year old will bring a strong rebuke from the mods, as well as some whining by members, who perceive some opprobrium in the practice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version