Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Motorcycles

IronMan Motorcycle Challenge

(1/1)

aerosick:

BOSS

Are any Members going on this 1,200 km / 24 hour ride this weekend?

Billy

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:
2 hours in the saddle and it\'s numb bum time for me......seems like miller-time  ;) :P

coutts00:
I don\'t think they will make it, for starters its 3 hrs to get out of Manila and thats just the first 20K till you hit the NLEX, unless they leave at 2am, then it might only take 2 hrs. I have not been that far North, but that many riders going over 60 km/h inc stops seems unlikely, there is a lot of local traffic to deal with and the odd carabao, 5 million jeepneys, getting run off the road by the high speed careless buses. Ahh I miss the place already.

Wayne

aerosick:

--- Quote from: coutts00 on January 09, 2009, 12:14:17 AM ---I don\'t think they will make it, for starters its 3 hrs to get out of Manila and thats just the first 20K till you hit the NLEX, unless they leave at 2am, then it might only take 2 hrs. I have not been that far North, but that many riders going over 60 km/h inc stops seems unlikely, there is a lot of local traffic to deal with and the odd carabao, 5 million jeepneys, getting run off the road by the high speed careless buses. Ahh I miss the place already.

Wayne

--- End quote ---

Wayne,

They leave the Burger King on Timog Ave (South Ave) in Quexon City in groups starting on Saturday at 4:00am and the groups are 1 minute apart.  There are now over 200 riders signed up.

Their 1st Checkpoint is in Baloc, Nueva Ecija, 136 kms away.

Billy

ricemannv:
Last year Joey Almeda from BOSS did it in just over 12 hours  :o  :o :o  That is averaging 100 kilometers per hour for 12 strait hours  :o  :o  :o  The route goes right past my house.

Riceman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version