Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Asking questions  (Read 4828 times)

Offline arlie

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Asking questions
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:50:44 AM »
How do we go about asking a question of either some one specific or anyone in general that does not seem to fit in one of the listed categories.  For example I would like to know what IMMO and YMMV mean in English. There is a lot I don\'t know and will have many questions over time which I hope you wont mind.  Will you? :)

Re: Asking questions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:04:26 AM »
How do we go about asking a question of either some one specific or anyone in general that does not seem to fit in one of the listed categories.  For example I would like to know what IMMO and YMMV mean in English. There is a lot I don\'t know and will have many questions over time which I hope you wont mind.  Will you? :)

Arlie,

Post any question you like here

http://livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=99.0

This is under \'Questions about this forum\" on the main \'Home\' page & is called \'Want to get your feet wet\". Anything can be put here & one of us List Guides will move it into the correct board if it is needed. We leave a message to say where it has been moved to.

So post away. Don\'t know myself what \'IMMO\' & \'YMMV\' mean but you will come up against \'IMHO\' which is \'in my humble opinion\' so I guess they are similar.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 08:10:30 AM »
Arlie,

Welcome to the new world of \"DIGISPEAK\"...

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/digispeak

Go here are your answers. Just don\'t spring any new ones on us old dogs...

Billy

jayjayrp

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:29:23 AM »
Is this forum moderated.  I posted on LinP3 and was told, [by Mr. Herrington], to ask here.
JJ 

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 12:33:17 PM »
Hi JJ,

You were answered By Jack & by me on the LinP3 group.

My answer was:

Yes it is but surprisingly we have little to do. Unlike the group though, posts are not required to be approved. They appear immediately.

The rules of the Forum are clearly posted on the Index (Home) page for all to read. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Regards