Technical Stuff > Internet Connections & TV

My internet connection here in the states thinks I am in the Philippines

(1/2) > >>

ronnsb:
Any browser I brought up with my usual start page of Google search changed to google.com.ph  This problem happened on June 4th here in New Smyrna Beach, FL. My Brighthouse internet issues a new IP address (supposedly) every 7 days.

At 1st I thought my computer may be affected with a virus, but after thorough scans and such it was fine. All 3 of my computers come up with this! Even after deleting a google mail account on my iPhone and re-installing it, it came up in tagolog and I eventually got it back to english.

I used the VPN Cyberghost 5 to make my computer think it was in New York. All of my google start pages came up with the normal google.com page.

Brighthouse told me to disconnect the modem and then reconnect. Even after disconnecting all night my IP address is still the same!

I guess I am supposed to be in the Philippines! lol  BTW....the 2 Brighthouse techs were in Manila and Cebu and both spoke very good and fluent english!

ronnsb:
Problem solved! My Linksys router did not want to let go of certain settings. I simply had  to reset the router. No one could figure out why it happened, but the day it happened I installed Windows 7 updates. Go figure! lol

Steve & Myrlita:

--- Quote from: ronnsb on June 14, 2015, 02:48:07 AM ---Problem solved! My Linksys router did not want to let go of certain settings. I simply had  to reset the router. No one could figure out why it happened, but the day it happened I installed Windows 7 updates. Go figure! lol
--- End quote ---
On most Linksys routers, the bottom of the main basic setup page has a place to set the time zone. It may have been left at Singapore time.

ronnsb:
Steve.....The router has never left the states and it was just a strange thing that happened! :) I changed the SSID name and had my own password on it, so no one could hack it.

Lee2:
Weird problem, glad you got it solved, I could not help since I could not figure out why, that was why I did not answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version