Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: A Glitch?  (Read 13074 times)

Offline coutts00

• Sr Member
Re: A Glitch?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
Jack, or Grey Wolf, soon you will need a map, this thing is going to get really big. it will be like looking at the family tree from adam and eve.

Wayne
Wayne† ;D ;D

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 11:45:48 AM »
This has been growing faster and faster.† Don must be pleased!† One advantage is in the way topics were organized in the beginning, making it easier on the moderator(s) I\'m sure.† So far nearly all of the posters have been polite and civilized, making this an interesting read.† I haven\'t noticed any irregularities or errors for a month or more.† You\'re doing good guys!

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 01:16:43 AM »
Jack, or Grey Wolf, soon you will need a map, this thing is going to get really big. it will be like looking at the family tree from adam and eve.

Wayne

Wayne,

We tried to create only a few topics, but found the list of topics growing as fast as the membership.† The good thing about this format is that there are categories not simply a long list of subject matter mixed together.† Some of our old guests on LinP3 are afraid of the forum claiming it\'s too complicated, but as yet I haven\'t found a simple way to deal with such varied and complex topics as we discuss here.† But you can be sure that we will continue to listen to our guests and make changes as we find them necessary.

Keep up the good posting!

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008, 02:51:03 AM »
We tried to create only a few topics, but found the list of topics growing as fast as the membership.† The good thing about this format is that there are categories not simply a long list of subject matter mixed together.† Some of our old guests on LinP3 are afraid of the forum claiming it\'s too complicated, but as yet I haven\'t found a simple way to deal with such varied and complex topics as we discuss here.† But you can be sure that we will continue to listen to our guests and make changes as we find them necessary.

I can see that it will take some work to keep topics inside their categories.† It\'s the nature of conversation, to drift into new directions, and I don\'t know how you\'d control that except to keep monitoring new posts and reassigning them if necessary.† Or is that a desireable thing to do?† I don\'t know the answer to that.

Still, I think the ability to search for answers will be easier than having to search through thousands of individual e-mails.† The answer to that was to let the same information be posted every time it was asked for.† This format doesn\'t lend itself to that method very well.† I guess nothing is perfect.† We\'ll just have to see how this develops.† I like it better, but that\'s just me.† How is it looking to the moderators?

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2008, 05:40:09 AM »
Speaking for myself, Ron, I love it, compared to the original LinP3 Yahoo list.† That thing was almost unmanageable plus we had to pre-approve every post.†

All guests should make an attempt to place new posts and topics where they best fit.† With this new format every post is automatically posted where the guest enters it.† That\'s why Keith and I \"patrol\" the entire forum daily making sure that posts are placed where they belong.† Quite often you will see \"redirects\" giving the link to the new page where posts have been moved by one of us.†

Other than that, this thing runs itself quite nicely, thanks to most of our guests playing nice and cooperating with those of us who volunteer to make sure it\'s running properly for all to use.

Jack
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH