Living in The Philippines > RA 9225, Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition

I Did It!

<< < (4/5) > >>

Killjoygreg:
Appropriately dressed in a  Hawaiian shirt, I like that.  :).
No offense. Hawaiian shirts in Australia are becoming popular but in the past have been considered a bit quirky.
Congrats on your dual citizenship.

Gray Wolf:
I consider a black based Hawaiian shirt with subdued flowers "formal wear".   :D  :D  :)

I have a large collection of Hawaiian shirts.  I wear them to church on Sundays.  The ushers always smile when Glo and I enter, of course.  The Priest came up to me one day and said "I always look forward to seeing which shirt you wear!" 

I even wore Hawaiian shirts to jury duty for a week!  A different one every day, of course.   :D

meylou:
Thank you, KJGreg.  Hawaiian shirts are big sellers here and lots of tourists wear Hawaiian shirts.  I get a kick seeing husbands and wives wearing matching Hawaiian shirts. 
There are stores that sell vintage Hawaiian shirts (or aloha shirts as it's called here) and the shirts sell for over $1,000.  I suppose Tom Selleck (Magnum PI) popularized wearing it. I'm used to seeing men wear aloha shirts or ladies wearing aloha dresses.  I own a few.

Never knew Jack is a fan of Hawaiian shirts.  Good for you, Jack.  :) You have a fan here then.

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
Here's one ex-Mayor of Manila who wears Hawaiian shirts everyday at his office and in public meetings and or official hearings!
I don't think he's ever been to Hawaii at all! I guess he just likes wearing the shirts for comfort!

http://tinyurl.com/l4ku9th

http://tinyurl.com/lduxdqr

meylou:

--- Quote from: Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am on May 25, 2014, 09:50:10 AM ---Here's one ex-Mayor of Manila who wears Hawaiian shirts everyday at his office and in public meetings and or official hearings!
I don't think he's ever been to Hawaii at all! I guess he just likes wearing the shirts for comfort!

--- End quote ---
You're right, Art.  I looked at some of his photos.  It's cool. His shirts have muted colors and nice designs.  I like 'em.
Okay, we're off topic now.  Thanks for the links.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version