Contributions By Members > Southern Philippines MINDANAO

Mindanao - Safety Question

(1/10) > >>

tuckman4:
Need advice...I am planning to meet my soon to be fiancee in davao city end of May for a week....my problem is that she happened to let it slip that she told her ex boyfriend of 6 years who is upset he lost her....... the dates I will be there and the name of the hotel that I will be staying at with her in davao City.....the ex boyfriend is from Cataboto province......question is does this PUT MY LIFE IN DANGER...she says he is harmless...I can see why she told him she is planning to marry a forigner, but cant understand why she told him the dates and hotel i will be staying with her...this seems like a bad situation...am i being paranoid? Please advise....also she lives in New Visayas, Matanao, davao Del Sur....she wants me to go there for the day to visit her family...is that safe....please post answers or email me at   tuckman4@msn.com     thanks, Gary

coutts00:

--- Quote from: tuckman4 on April 30, 2010, 11:35:48 AM ---Need advice...I am planning to meet my soon to be fiancee in davao city end of May for a week....my problem is that she happened to let it slip that she told her ex boyfriend of 6 years who is upset he lost her....... the dates I will be there and the name of the hotel that I will be staying at with her in davao City.....the ex boyfriend is from Cataboto province......question is does this PUT MY LIFE IN DANGER...she says he is harmless...I can see why she told him she is planning to marry a forigner, but cant understand why she told him the dates and hotel i will be staying with her...this seems like a bad situation...am i being paranoid? Please advise....also she lives in New Visayas, Matanao, davao Del Sur....she wants me to go there for the day to visit her family...is that safe....please post answers or email me at   tuckman4@msn.com     thanks, Gary

--- End quote ---

Great to have you aboard, wait for RUFUS he will be along soon with same.

1st question? How long have you known this gal, if she has an ex, how long has he been an ex? It may be a setup with you as the bait. Maybe arrive a day earlier and stay at a different hotel, text her to meet you at different hotel, meet her in the lobby and invite the fam to a public place for the day or take them out to Max Chicken for a meal or similar. Then skip town with her to Boracay for a week to really get to know each other, feel the waters. Palawan is also a great getaway location, Colin can set you up with prison guards to keep you safe.

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:
Ask HER WHY ON EARTH WOULD SHE TELL EX WHERE YOU WILL STAY?

If YOU\'re not comfortable with her answer.....then proceed carefully from then on along lines Wayne has suggested.....

I\'d recommend inviting IMMEDIATE family to visit YOU in DAVAO........plenty of time next trip to visit family location
You\'d have more control of safety/security issues if YOU name the time/place

May just be misunderstanding, but because it\'s rattled you a bit, best proceed with caution

dylanaz:
I went to meet a date once in the \"Public housing\" units of Tondo, Manila... If you have seen Cabreeny Greens (sp) or other \"projects\" in NYC, Chicago or Pennsylvania then now Cabreeny begins to look like Disney Land compared to this area of Tondo ;D

She was to meet me at a store near her house. After waiting there and txting+calling her for 1 hr I called her friend (now I had low battery and no where to charge). Her friend said she just forgot to charge her phone and to proceed to the housing projects.

I almost hesitantly continued to her house... then I changed my mind when her friend ended the conversation by saying \"Just be careful of the Magdanako, ok\"

That was more than enough for me to flag down the next Taxi and leave...

But... 1/2 dozen TAXI\'s refused to stop in that area... I paid locals 50 peso to grab one for me .... the first still drove off as they were grabbing at the doorknobs !

Hells kitchen hath no fury like a Tondo morn....  ;D
Sad story... next time I heard from her... was the friend ... asking for funeral money... she was already dead... and about 19 yrs old...

When someone hints at possible problems.... Its probably good to take their advice.... Its probably just their conscious speaking...

Previous 2 posters are on target !

http://www.gmanews.tv/video/8319/1000-families-live-in-condemned-building-in-tondo-manila

:

--- Quote from: Wayne Coutts on April 30, 2010, 12:21:54 PM --- Palawan is also a great getaway location, Colin can set you up with prison guards to keep you safe.

--- End quote ---

Welcome Gary,

I am sure we could find you a nice safe prison cell with a concrete floor to sleep on  ;D Bings brother was the Officer in Charge of Inagawan prison farm and we are going to his retirement party tomorrow, I will see what I can arrange  ;)

Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version