Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: A Bully  (Read 3171 times)

A Bully
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
Last Sunday my daughter Nichole was playing outside, and from back of our neighbors house a
kid came out, walked up to Nichole and pushed her to the concrete with his body and then went
behind his house, both me and my wife watched this happen and could not believe what we saw. 
I stood up and said “Hey” to this boy who is part Filipino and Black.  A little bit later during the
day this boy was fighting  with our caretakers daughter and both were pulling each others hair,
and it seems like this boy who I will call a “Bully” got the worst of it and walked pass Nichole 
and gave he a slap across her arm, and both me and my wife again saw this happen, I stood up
and started to walk toward this Bully,  just as I did a adult male came from behind the house and
took him with him. I have not talked to the  mother about this, but the next time  his happens, I
will.  Me and my wife talked to another neighbor about this Bully and found  out that this
Bully has pushed other children in our subdivision, and has even bitten the caretaker too.
This bully seems about 8-10 years old and our subdivision has only 6 houses in it, all rented by
foreigners.
Needless to say I’m not very happy with this Bully and hopefully is won’t happen again,  but
with the history of him picking on younger children I fear it will and I may smack him  really
hard if he touches Nichole again…

Offline cogon88

• Sr Member
Re: A Bully
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:24:23 AM »
I fear it will and I may smack him  really hard if he touches Nichole again…

I would suggest you not get involved physically with him you are just asking for trouble and jail time The best thing to do is to find a local boy nicknamed PACMAN of about the same age give him 15 USD and have him beat the hell out of the kid every time he sees him this will keep you out of the situation after 2-3 beatings he will get the idea talking to the parents will more then likely resolve nothing

Tom / Roxas City

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:40:03 AM »
I fear it will and I may smack him  really hard if he touches Nichole again…

I would suggest you not get involved physically with him you are just asking for trouble and jail time The best thing to do is to find a local boy nicknamed PACMAN of about the same age give him 15 USD and have him beat the hell out of the kid every time he sees him this will keep you out of the situation after 2-3 beatings he will get the idea talking to the parents will more then likely resolve nothing

Tom / Roxas City

You wife surely has a relative with a kid that same age range.... what better time to start them on their career as security captain  ;D

but... thats one of the tradeoffs of living far from relatives.... when relatives are in every household in the subdivision - he would have already been chased home for good.... but you have that constant empty wallet-itis being close to relatives ...  :P
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:55:29 PM »
I love it....I will keep it in mind, thanks for the suggestion...

Offline shortman

• Sr Member
  • This account is now being used by his widow
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:52:03 PM »
Wow, marko that can be a bomber having to deal with a problem that his parents should be on top of.. being black myself i can almost assure you color has nothing to do with it. i have seen the same thing in pinoy barangays involving pinoys.. If possible, maybe a letter coming from immigration reminding the parent from another country to handle it or be asked to leave.(if that can be done) fighting fire wit fire only makes a larger blaze, but water puts out fire, if you get my point..Whatever you do i hope the best for you and your family..( BTW, usually a kid of this type reflects home)
Effective November 2014 this account is now being used by Lar, Shortman's widow.

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:13:08 AM »
I agree with finding the boy nicknamed PACMAN...lol
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 02:19:20 AM »
Wow, marko that can be a bomber having to deal with a problem that his parents should be on top of.. being black myself i can almost assure you color has nothing to do with it. i have seen the same thing in pinoy barangays involving pinoys.. If possible, maybe a letter coming from immigration reminding the parent from another country to handle it or be asked to leave.(if that can be done) fighting fire wit fire only makes a larger blaze, but water puts out fire, if you get my point..Whatever you do i hope the best for you and your family..( BTW, usually a kid of this type reflects home)

Maybe a word to the barangay captain asking him to talk to parents, pointing out that actions of a child are regarded as actions of their parents......and if one of the parents is a non-Filipino....could face deportation and black listing for harming a Filipino child

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »
Maybe a word to the barangay captain asking him to talk to parents, pointing out that actions of a child are regarded as actions of their parents......and if one of the parents is a non-Filipino....could face deportation and black listing for harming a Filipino child

AT first glance it appears to be a filipino bully (mix blood) - this is probably a time for MArko to stay in the house and the rest of the family do something... if they mention its a non-filpino parent on one side - they may just think its even - both sides have a non filipino as a parent  :o
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »
I sent this to my landlord/owner of the house that I\'m renting here.  More problems but this time its not the Bully, but the Bullies mother...

Well .....I\'m writing to you to let you know that I have a concern. This deals with the lady in house #1,who lives right next to the gate. I have heard that she made a threat against Joy, (she lives here) that she was going to ask someone to kill her. This is very unsettling to me to say the least. She has also talked bad about my wife. I have heard of this from another person here. And she had a fight with Gloria (who is a caretaker here) a while ago, where she pulled her hair, and had a glass bottle in her hand during this altercation. And her child has pushed, my daughter to the ground and also slapped her on another occasion, for no reason.
 This a beautiful place to live and I’m enjoying it here very much. But if this continues, I may not renewal my lease in January of next year and look for a safer place to live.
Since you’re the landlord/owner of this property I’m letting you know of this.

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »
I sent this to my landlord/owner of the house that I\'m renting here.  More problems but this time its not the Bully, but the Bullies mother...

Well .....I\'m writing to you to let you know that I have a concern. This deals with the lady in house #1,who lives right next to the gate. I have heard that she made a threat against Joy,

All talk and no action....

That is a very common thing in USA... we may curse at people for extended periods of time - and then thats it.
Not so here. If she says it - chances are she WILL do it.
Filipinos arent known for \'woof tickets\'