Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: choosing which one of 60 places to start a new topic  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Dong

choosing which one of 60 places to start a new topic
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »
When I first saw this forum, I was amazed at how many sub forums there were.

Then I posted my hello, on the one that said \"post here first\".

My post was of course moved, because there is a separate section for introductions.

I don\'t feel bad though, since after scrolling down a little, I see the \"last post\" area, shows an amazing 7 last posts were \"MOVED\".

I\'ve had the idea to start a new topic a few times, but after scrolling down the entire length of this board, trying to decide the proper place to start it, by the time I got to the end, I forgot what I was going to post about in the first place.

While trying really hard not to ruffle any feathers of the Pooh baaaahs around here, I\'ll just go ahead and ask my question about this forum, and hope it doesn\'t get moved.

Wouldn\'t it make it easier on everyone, to condense things down to under a dozen or so places to start a new topic?

Mark

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: choosing which one of 60 places to start a new topic
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
Looks to me like you found the right place for this topic... :)
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:56:20 PM »
...and when a new Post doesn\'t \"quite fit\", we just make a new Topic or a new Sub-Forum.

Billy

(Admin when it\'s easy, Lurker when it\'s hard...)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:35:15 AM by RUFUS »
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline Lee2

• Sr Member
  • *** Rest In Peace ***
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »
Dong, new people often put things in the wrong places and it is never something to worry about because the mods always seem to find the right place to shove it.  :D Oh did I say that.  :D I have been on forums for quite a while and I still make mistakes all the time  :-[ but I know those kind mods will fix it for me and earn their very very very large salaries.  ;D :D

:) Happily married since 1994 & live part of the year in Cebu and the rest in S. Florida.

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 04:09:04 AM »
Dong,

Narrow our Forum down to only 12 primary topics?  Contemplating a move to and learning everything you need to know in order to fit into and live with a culture so vastly different from ours certainly deserves limitless topics.  So far this month alone we\'ve had 820 new posts and 59 new topics.

However, you can also look at it this way; we actually have only 10 main boards:

+ Welcome

+ \"Post your Questions Here!\"

+ External Links

+ LinP Community

+ Living in The Philippines

+ It’s Your Money

+ Getting Prepared For The Philippines

+ Contributions By Members

+ Technical Stuff

+ Just Having Fun

What you contribute to or gather from this Forum is up to you.  Ask your questions and post your comments/recommendations wherever you think they fit best.  We only move things when we feel the necessity.  It\'s nothing personal.  We regularly do \"housekeeping\" and remove clutter when we need to create a better flow of info. 

Welcome to the group and continue to offer your insight.  Your participation is greatly appreciated.   :) 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:37:04 AM by RUFUS »
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Dong

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 12:17:37 PM »
I\'ve been posting on newsgroups, and forums for over 10 years, and realize it can be a challenge to try to judge the emotion, or intent behind the posts of some folks.

Just offering a suggestion to simplify things a little. Not trying to tell anyone how to run things around here.

I\'ve see forums experience growth, and expand with boatloads of different areas to start topics, and I\'ve seen them later consolidate topics, and return to a streamlined, and simplified message board.

The boards appearance, and format will always be the decision of who ever pays the bills, just offering a suggestion ;)

I want to offer a big thanks to the admin/mods here. The time and money that you guys put into this board is greatly appreciated, not only by those of us, who take the time to register and post, but by many more, who only lurk.

Mark