Welcome to the Forum! > Announcements and Information

LinP Website/Forum Under New Ownership

(1/3) > >>

Gray Wolf:
Much concern was shared a couple of months ago when the founder of the Living in the Philippines website Don Herrington passed away. The website and forum both went down for a week or so and many thought the end was here for our group. But a friend of Don's came to the rescue and offered to pay the hosting fee for one year so that the group and all of the information contained on these pages might continue operating. His name is Rick Phillips. Rick stepped in to help us all by paying the fees for a year in advance.

When my wife and I visited with Don back in 2011, he set us up with a tour guide to show us around Cebu City. Rick was that guy. Gloria and I came to appreciate his historical knowledge of the archipelago and became friends in short time.

He is not living in the Philippines full time. I believe his home is in Oklahoma. But he has given us all a chance to keep sharing our knowledge and experiences through the forum. Gerlie, Don's assistant, has been charged with making the website and this forum "profitable", at least enough so that the hosting fee might not become a problem again a year from now.

I don't know if Rick is a member of the forum or not, but will certainly encourage him to do so. I've attached a recent photo of him he shared last month when discussion was ongoing on how to save the website. As I gain more info I will share it with the group.

Ingat!  :)

Peter:
What a great gesture, which I'm sure, many will appreciate.

Thank you Rick.

Peter - 73

lost_in_samoa:

--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on October 19, 2019, 04:27:58 AM ---Rick Phillips
--- End quote ---

Please pass on my thanks.

--- Quote from: Gray Wolf on October 19, 2019, 04:27:58 AM ---charged with making the website and this forum "profitable", at least enough so that the hosting fee might not become a problem again a year from now.
--- End quote ---

Msg me.  I can and will help.

Salamat po.

MotorSarge:
Thank you Rick and Grey Wolf,

As I have stated before let me know when and how much of a contribution we need to send.
Sure would hate to see such a goldmine of knowledge, info & experience go down.

Steve & Myrlita:
Thank you Jack and thank you Mr Phillips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version