Contributions By Members > Southern Philippines MINDANAO

Spent a week in ARMM areas of Mindanao and saw things that will make you SICK !

(1/8) > >>

dylanaz:
The week I just spent in the ARMM region of Mindanao will make some of us literally SICK !

There is just no way to explain it at this internet cafe right now - so when I get back to NCR/Manila I will TRY to make a brief post... I think it cant be brief so I will just cover 2 issues I experienced FIRST HAND !

Im still alive and havent been beheadded ... so thats good...

The reat - you will have to stay tuned for ... 1 or 2 days is my guess... Its imporrible to use a CAFE in the ARMM region because even their own MSU (Mindanao State University) in a 98% Muslim city only has cafes around with 256k internet !

MY iPHONE GETS FASTER INTERNET THAN THAT !

Stay tuned.... and grab a barf-bag... you will be sick.... Im sick right now just thinking about it....

This will NOT be my lecture about religion - I will simply report what I witnessed and experienced first hand in the ARMM region... places \'foreigners\' are rarely seen - deep in the mountains...

I counted at least 6 military checkpoints just to get to the place.... maybe more...

YOU WILL BE SICK.... so if I die before getting back to manila... at least you know there was SOMETHING you may have seen soon :o ;D :D

Im just contacting tha AP first ... this is much bigger than these forums...

:
I have the strange feeling you will regale us with stories about how tranquil and peaceful and quiet and beautiful the place was, rather than the morbid tales of gore and mayhem most would expect after reading the thread title.  :D  ;)

Di ba.

c_a_p_t_a_i_n_r_o_n:
what dylanz a drama queen?  ;)

dylanaz:

--- Quote from: King Herald on April 20, 2010, 07:57:20 PM ---I have the strange feeling you will regale us with stories about how tranquil and peaceful and quiet and beautiful the place was, rather than the morbid tales of gore and mayhem most would expect after reading the thread title.  :D  ;)

Di ba.

--- End quote ---

I came inches from death - and had to laugh my way out of it... but I just got home an even too exhausted to read my 200+ new emails...

I will figure out how to leave religion out of it and post here when the words all come together... hard to leave religion out of a place thats 98% Muslim - but I will come up with general ideas to write...

Peaceful - not hardly
Quiet - Tranquil.. well.. I brough back some TAP water.... they TRICKED me into drinking it for days - saying it was \"PURE WATER\" That I assumed meant \"Mineral water\"... and I never got even a slight discomfort...

But I would not have been shocked if I did not make it back... lets just say that... ok rest time...

:

--- Quote from: dylanaz on April 20, 2010, 11:01:42 PM ---I will figure out how to leave religion out of it and post here when the words all come together... hard to leave religion out of a place thats 98% Muslim - but I will come up with general ideas to write...

--- End quote ---

In my view, references to religion are fine if they help to explain peoples attitudes, providing there is no preaching involved. We all have our own opinions on the subject, but it is worth knowing what it is that drives a person to behave the way they do. Just my opinion for what its worth  ;) ;D

Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version