Living in The Philippines > Getting here and back and getting items here and back

Return/Onward Ticket Requirements

<< < (2/4) > >>

FRaymie:
My plan was for us to utilize the Balikbayan Priviledge and purchase just a one way for both of us. After we get settled I can then pursue the 13A or alternatives. Would I still need to have returns in hand and then cancel after entry?

balutsky:

--- Quote from: FRaymie on July 17, 2017, 12:17:01 PM ---My plan was for us to utilize the Balikbayan Priviledge and purchase just a one way for both of us. After we get settled I can then pursue the 13A or alternatives. Would I still need to have returns in hand and then cancel after entry?

--- End quote ---

Unless you have a permanent residence visa, as the original post stated, the airline will refuse to board you if you do not have a return flight.  I have experienced it myself when I retired back in 2013.  Luckily I am a dual citizen and I have my re-acquisition of my citizenship paperwork with me.  I understand that your wife is Filipina.  I suggest that she applied for dual citizenship (if she is not a dual citizen yet) there in the states as the process is real simple.  If she try to do it here in the PI, it is too much hassle. Here is a link from the LA consulate.
http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/dual-citizenship-ra-9225

iamjames:
A return flight would be an incredible waste of money if you are not going to use it.  Just go online and book a ticket with Cebuair from Manila to Kota Kinabalu. Showing that 2000 peso ticket solves all problems. Actually - as already stated - it is the boarding that is the real problem. No airline will board you without evidence of A. Residency or B. Exit intentions.  Otherwise the airline will be held responsible for returning you to your departure point at their own expense.

David690:

--- Quote from: FRaymie on July 17, 2017, 12:17:01 PM ---My plan was for us to utilize the Balikbayan Priviledge and purchase just a one way for both of us. After we get settled I can then pursue the 13A or alternatives. Would I still need to have returns in hand and then cancel after entry?

--- End quote ---

Good question FRaymie, that is exactly my situation also.
David

sussexrob:
Cannot quite understand the problem of buying a return flight??   in my experience over many trips from various countries, it is always cheaper than a one way ticket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version