Itís Your Money > Money Exchanging

Money exchange rates sure do change quickly huh?

(1/5) > >>

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
Wow! Just the other day I exchanged a few dollars at P43.38 to the dollar and
today it's up to P43.82! I bet come Monday it'll be back down again as usual! ??? :o >:(

Splooge Magoo:
The Fed gave indications that interest rates will go up. The bond funds are slipping a bit as a reaction to that news. In a stable economic market, higher US interest rates will make the USD more attractive to buyers. Its good for me, bad for Peso holders until the PH banks start to match the rates.

Lee2:
Argentina defaulted on their bonds last Thursday week which sent the US stock into a bit of a fit, not sure why but the market had taken a bit of nose dive on Thursday and Friday, I am wondering how that is going to affect the peso dollar exchange rate, I guess we will see on Monday.

Keep us posted guys.

Splooge Magoo:
Argentina moving their money to USD, bidding up the dollar I think is a non event.

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:

--- Quote from: Lee on August 03, 2014, 09:12:30 PM ---Argentina defaulted on their bonds last Thursday week which sent the US stock into a bit of a fit, not sure why but the market had taken a bit of nose dive on Thursday and Friday, I am wondering how that is going to affect the peso dollar exchange rate, I guess we will see on Monday.
Keep us posted guys.

--- End quote ---
It's now Monday and it only has gone down to P43.70 to the dollar from P43.82 yesterday, Sunday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version