Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: Foreigners Allowed to Travel to Philippines 1 May 2021  (Read 215 times)

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline David690

• Sr Member
Re: Foreigners Allowed to Travel to Philippines 1 May 2021
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 02:25:54 PM »
Great news
Londoner at heart

Offline Hestecrefter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: Foreigners Allowed to Travel to Philippines 1 May 2021
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 12:50:25 AM »
Is it really great news?

I would be inclined to call it an improvement, but incremental, and one should not read too much into it.  It says nothing about foreign tourists being allowed in.  Specially, it says, in part:

They must have a valid and existing visa at the time of entry, except for those qualified under the Balikbayan Program

And yes, the Balikbayan Program is back, which is good, but that won't help most foreigners looking to gain entry to the PI.  It probably includes, among visa holders, those holding 9A visas, so probably those with a spouse in the Phils can get in without having to travel with the spouse, which is a balikbayan requirement. 

I understand there are a lot of guys who have girlfriends in the Phils they have not been able to see due to travel restrictions.  The announcement does nothing for that large group.  What I think it does is it restores the status of a couple of months ago, before they suspended the Balikbayan Program, travel on 9A visas, etc.  Or am I missing something?

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time