Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats
Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: SMART BUDDY LOAD FOR CELL PHONE  (Read 13426 times)

tbevan

SMART BUDDY LOAD FOR CELL PHONE
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »
The wife and I are heading back to the Philippines again. I would like to know if anyone knows the best way to get a Load for our PI cell phone. I want to get a load before landing in MNL. I see a few website that offer loads but not sure which one to trust. Tryed a few oriental stores here in Florida, none carry Smart buddy loads.

Another question: Before leaving the PI last Feb we still had airtime (buddy balance) left on the phones, does the load expire after a certain time or will I still have the same unused time as when I left.

Thanks Tom

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: SMART BUDDY LOAD FOR CELL PHONE
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:47:55 AM »
Try E-bay
I buy loads for my wifes phone and its very easy.
Point click ship
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
download www.chikka.com

install the application.. you can send load from chikka to yourself or others

Do this from usa or anywhere at anytime

the WEB application does not allow re-loading
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »
One that I use is www.aryty.com . When you sign up, it offers you a free 1st load. The best one to use is P115 load. Larger ones just use the same P115 multiple times and still expire in 2 weeks. But it works great in a pinch. It works with banks US and abroad. It also works with Globe & Sun as well.

God Bless.....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***

Offline aerosick

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Tom,

I have my sis-in-law buy an E-Load of P300 and the store adds this to my phone number. This is good for 60 days.

Once your load expires, your Sim Card will also expire after being idle. Seems like I remember that the Sim Card expires after 3 months of being idle. I can\'t find this on the \'net, but I read it on the instructions that came with my Sim Card years ago.

Here\'s their Website: http://smart.com.ph/Buddy

Billy

The wife and I are heading back to the Philippines again. I would like to know if anyone knows the best way to get a Load for our PI cell phone. I want to get a load before landing in MNL. I see a few website that offer loads but not sure which one to trust. Tryed a few oriental stores here in Florida, none carry Smart buddy loads.

Another question: Before leaving the PI last Feb we still had airtime (buddy balance) left on the phones, does the load expire after a certain time or will I still have the same unused time as when I left.

Thanks Tom
"We're here to preserve democracy, not practice it."

Gene Hackman: Crimson Tide ~ 1995

Offline jonnyivy

• Sr Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:15:31 AM »
Tom,
I go to Cebu 2 times a year, and each time I have to buy a new sim pack on arrival. Like you, I often have quite a bit of airtime left so I can call last minutes before flight leaves on way home, but there\'s always some kind of hitch at the airport and we end up late for the plane, so no time to say our last goodbuys with the remaining credit. My wife recons there is a limited time for unused sims, something like 3-6 months ? Normally I just us my UK phone for the first and only call on arrival at the airport then buy new sim and top-up at the same time at the mall.
John
A True Friend Is Someone Who Sees the Pain in Your Eyes While Everyone Else Believes the Smile on Your Face

Offline dylanaz

• Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »
When you travel your friends/family can still TXT you when you are in other countries...
Its a local TXT to them - just the same as if you are in the Philippines. FREE to text you from www.uzzap.com and Unlimited txt allows them to txt you for free. (Also keeps your SIM active so it does not expire).

Your reply will cost YOU P20 each... but THEY can contact you instantly - anytime.

How do I activate my prepaid international text roaming?
Prepaid International Text Roaming is the latest amazing service from Smart to be offered to all Smart Buddy, Addict Mobile Prepaid and Talk N Text subscribers. This shall allow them send and receive text messages while roaming in any of our international roaming destinations.

Activation and deactivation of this service can simply be done via

SMS
Just type ROAM ON / OFF and send it to 333. ( DO THIS WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR SEAT IN THE AIRPLANE ! NOT AFTER YOU LAND! )

SIM Connect
Go to the Smart Menu
Choose SIM Connect
Choose Roam to activate and deactivate your international roaming service.

Web Connect
Visit the Smart Buddy website at www.smart.com.ph/buddy/connect or Talk N Text website at www.smart.com.ph/talkntext/connect
Login your user ID (cellphone number) and password or if you are not a member yet, select Register and sign up using your cellphone number.
Select International Roaming activation/deactivation.

Minimum Balance required to activate is P100.00
The international text roaming shall allow subscribers to send and receive SMS messages and SMS VAS but disabling their voice features. Original subscriber profile shall only be restored upon feature deactivation.
I have seen so much conflict while in the Philippines - amazingly 99% of it was merely online computer experiences :D

mb96782

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 06:10:19 AM »
Your load and your sim card have expired. SIM cards expire after 180 days of inactivity. Load expiration is based upon how much load you put on your card at one time. For example, 300, 500 or 1000 peso load expires in 60 days. 100 peso load expires in 10 days. You can buy a sim and load at the Manila airport upon arrival before going through immigration. Look for the stand where lots of filipinos are buying stuff -- most of them are buying load.

saigon

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 05:28:17 AM »
Your load and your sim card have expired. SIM cards expire after 180 days of inactivity. Load expiration is based upon how much load you put on your card at one time. For example, 300, 500 or 1000 peso load expires in 60 days. 100 peso load expires in 10 days. You can buy a sim and load at the Manila airport upon arrival before going through immigration. Look for the stand where lots of filipinos are buying stuff -- most of them are buying load.

Is this stand open at 11pm?

Offline RUFUS

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »
If it isn\'t, then go the next day.
SO SAYETH THE RUFUS

saigon

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 07:52:05 PM »
Next day if fine unless your meeting someone at the airport.

Offline halibaitor

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 08:26:36 PM »
Next day if fine unless your meeting someone at the airport.

Don\'t worry about going back. There are people selling loads on every block as you walk down the street. They are literally everywhere. ;D

willisch1

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 03:13:40 AM »
I put a load on my wife\'s sim from the states using www.loadpadala.net.  They are fast and reliable.  They have not messed up yet.  I also have a phone here in the states with a Philippine phone number, it has a smart card, which I can load as well.  I have this so my better half can send me text messages for 1 peso instead of the 15 pesos we were paying before.

Offline Steve & Myrlita

• Administrator
  • Sr Member
  • Myrlita & I and all of our grandchildren.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »
I put a load on my wife\'s sim from the states using www.loadpadala.net.  They are fast and reliable.  They have not messed up yet.  I also have a phone here in the states with a Philippine phone number, it has a smart card, which I can load as well.  I have this so my better half can send me text messages for 1 peso instead of the 15 pesos we were paying before.
But you will pay P20 per send in replying unless you use another avenue like Chikka or Yahoo. God Bless....
Thank you...God Bless...
Bro Steve & Sis Myrlita
Bacolod City, PH
*** RIP MY FRIEND LEE ***
***       RIP DON H        ***