Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

Vigilante justice

(1/1)

callme:
Yesterday I read about vigilante groups.

I have never heard about these groups before.

Do they operate all over PH, and are the locals positive?

Anyone who any info?

geno555:

--- Quote from: callme on September 08, 2009, 06:04:33 PM ---Yesterday I read about vigilante groups.

I have never heard about these groups before.

Do they operate all over PH, and are the locals positive?

Anyone who any info?

--- End quote ---

I am not quite sure if I understand completely your terminology, but there is a local group both here in Bayugan and Davao, that deals with people who committ acts of drug dealing, prostitution and the such and they are sometimes uncerimoniously killed for the simple reason that some people including the mayor of Davao would not put up with such actions.

I am not saying this is right or a practice in the big cities but in the provinces, you can get yourelf shot for just dealing in Shaun! (crack)

Vegnelitee

hard to answer as vigilante groups take on such a broad spectrum of society, Here in Banugan City we have a certain establishment of person who will not tolerate any drug dealing, prostitution or thievery, and Davao City is even much worse, where the mayour now or former MAYOR would litterally pull the ear piercings and body piercings out of people body and for a while the rive was full of dead drug dealers, prostitutes and thief\'s, now if you call that vigilante violence in that sense your are correct in your assessment.

and I quote

callme:
Very informative, thanks.

If I get it right: The Vigilante groups come to action when the government system fails.

In my country we are against death penalty and self justice, but being against Vigilate justice only to fight for the rights of pedophiles and drug pushers doesn\'t make any sense to me.

If any man who makes a direct threat to my children just vanish and never come back, I will not be the one to object against it.

The main question is, if you have to choose between a filipino community with a Vigilante group, and a community without, which to choose?

coutts00:
If you are walking on the right side of the law, it should not make any difference.

Wayne

geno555:

--- Quote from: Wayne Coutts on September 10, 2009, 01:19:52 PM ---If you are walking on the right side of the law, it should not make any difference.

Wayne

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with Wayne here on this one, I worry little over either the groups, the terrorisists, or the NPA, for I mind my own business I try to see to it that this families name stays clear and as clean as possible but with all the nices and newphews there is going to be a few mistakes made, but if you get together as a family at least once a day make sure everyone is there, talk to people like you would like to be spoken to , treat them like responsible adults sometimes, (not always now  I have failed with one of them) but she is on the road to recovery, you will learn that the the more love and respect you show a person, usually that person IMHO will try to do right by you.

However if your here in the Philippines just looking for all the good times you can have, and there are lots like that it is easy to find and easier to get , its old worn out and too often used and not to quote it in a religious sense but just common sense, you uusally sew what your reap.Pretty damn hard to got shot by a drug dealer over a drug deal gone bad if you do drugs, Pretty easy to catch and STD or worse if you choose to sleep with many woman and not use protection.Even harder would be going home and telling your Filipinio wife, she needs to go to the docotor for an Aids test for you have just tested postive.

There is an extensive list on this site you can check out for things that can either get you in trouble, jail ,deported, arrestted, or plain dead.

Living here is no more dangerous than living any other place on earth, can you keep your nose clean here and still be a victium of a crime, sure you can, for your foreigners and to all Filipionos Foreigners are rich and depairaate  will make hungry starving people do many things, but that also holds try in downtown Newark New Jersey, NO give me the rumble in the jungle anyday. I\'ve been here only 6 years, gone some of that but in that time I know of personally 6 murders of people I was actually on a first name basis with.They were all execution style killings and all 6 people had a reputation of hard living, fast lifestyles, drugs, both use of and disstribution of and having many prostitues.No I don\'t think no one deserves to die, but neither do I think you ought to act in such a maner as to put yourself at risk.

The Murf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version