LinP Community > Photo Section

My home in Isabela

(1/2) > >>

John Amend-All:
As commanded by the moderator, I am uploading a few photos of the house and local area. I don\'t argue with an Uzi :)

Christmas in San Mateo town square. The lights are just from candles inside jamjars. Philippine ingenuity!

View of the lake formed after the construction of the Magat Dam. Said to be the largest dam in Asia but I wonder about that. 

Our house side view.

House from the front. We have progressed with painting the gate and some of the railings.

I am excited about this photo section and feel like I could swamp it with all my pictures. I am sure many feel the same way.

Best wishes

John

coutts00:
John and All as well,

I noticed whilst playing around with photobucket that there is a slideshow option, if you create the slideshow it will create a link for you. Paste the link on the page, here.
it will display the first photo in the series and when clicked on the link will display all for the 30 photos photobucket allows per slide show.

I did this in the catanduanes section under Baras. Take a look its easier that posting 30 pics on a page.

Wayne

:

--- Quote from: coutts00 on February 24, 2008, 11:33:12 AM ---John and All as well,

I noticed whilst playing around with photobucket that there is a slideshow option, if you create the slideshow it will create a link for you. Paste the link on the page, here.
it will display the first photo in the series and when clicked on the link will display all for the 30 photos photobucket allows per slide show.

I did this in the catanduanes section under Baras. Take a look its easier that posting 30 pics on a page.

Wayne

--- End quote ---

Hi Wayne,

I checked out your slide show of Baras. I clicked on the photo & it opened the Photobucket site which took forever to open. I got one picture & got bored waiting for the next picture. Unless you have a pretty fast connection, this may not be a good option IMHO.

:

--- Quote from: John Amend-All on February 24, 2008, 11:05:09 AM ---As commanded by the moderator, I am uploading a few photos of the house and local area. I don\'t argue with an Uzi :)
I am excited about this photo section and feel like I could swamp it with all my pictures. I am sure many feel the same way.
Best wishes
John

--- End quote ---

John,

Happy you obeyed & I didn\'t have to Uzi you  ;D Great photo\'s & nice house mate. How many live in the \'Mansion House Est 2007\'  ;) Are you on a Sub division because I noticed, like us,  you haven\'t got the usual 7ft walls & prison bars on all the windows. Keep the photo\'s coming, especially if from Photobucket as they don\'t add to our server.

Gray Wolf:
For everyone,

Grizzi posted this info on how to do several shots and make it work easier.  I repost this for all:

If no one minds, I will go through this issue step by step.

1. Make sure to remember where you loaded your pictures on the computer. Sounds simple, but I have known people that have downloaded from their cameras and couldn\'t find where they put the pics. Usually, it will go into a picture folder automatically...usually that is...lol.

2. Go to http://photobucket.com/ and get open an account. Once that is opened, you can start the fun part of posting.

3. To upload pictures, click \"Upload Images\". If you have only one or two pictures, just click browse and load them up. If you are loading many pictures, click Bulk upload. Select the photo\'s you want to upload to Photobucket.

4. Once you are uploaded, go to bottom right of screen, and click \"Show All\".  That will put all your pictures on the same screen. Under each picture there is a checkbox. Check each box for the pictures you want to upload to LinPC.

5. Now, go to the bottom of the screen and click \"Generate HTML and IMG code\".

6. This screen has 5 different information downloads for you.  The one you want is \"IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards\".  This will put a thumbnail picture on your post that when clicked will enlarge. Highlight ALL the information in this box and right click your mouse. Click copy.

7. Open LinPC and the topic you want to upload the pictures to. (either add to someone else\'s post or start your own). If you have more than one picture, and you want them to show up vertically in your post, you have to separate each picture. Remember that each picture starts with a [URL  and ends with a [/URL].  If you put a space or two between pictures, you can add text between pictures.

This should give everyone who wants to post a lot of photos the best way to show them off.  There is, of course, more than one way to skin this cat.  But IMHO this is by far the best way to show a lot of photos in your post without overloading anyone\'s ISP. 

Happy Photo Posting one and all!

Jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version