Living in The Philippines > Lodging: Finding A Place to Stay "for a while"

Philippines relocation

(1/3) > >>

Cullster:
Hi there.
I am an English man with a family currently living in Spain. I work offshore in the South China Sea and my wife and I have been contemplating relocating to the Philippines for a while with our children who are 7 and 9 years old. I have Filipino friends at work who tell me it is a lovely country and I have others who tell me how dangerous it is etc. We have been looking online at the Subic area but we are going to keep an open mind as to where we will make our home. First and foremost we are looking for a safe place to live which also has good International schools. If anyone has any advice on this topic or could offer other advice we would appreciate it greatly. Thanks In Advance.

Steve & Myrlita:

--- Quote from: Cullster on November 28, 2015, 12:17:21 PM ---Hi there.
I am an English man with a family currently living in Spain. I work offshore in the South China Sea and my wife and I have been contemplating relocating to the Philippines for a while with our children who are 7 and 9 years old. I have Filipino friends at work who tell me it is a lovely country and I have others who tell me how dangerous it is etc. We have been looking online at the Subic area but we are going to keep an open mind as to where we will make our home. First and foremost we are looking for a safe place to live which also has good International schools. If anyone has any advice on this topic or could offer other advice we would appreciate it greatly. Thanks In Advance.

--- End quote ---
Hi & Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home and enjoy what we have to offer. Keep posting and you will soon be off moderation. Many here who are pleased to help. Again welcome aboard sir.

bigrod:
Welcome to the forum.

Chuck

Lee2:

--- Quote ---I have Filipino friends at work who tell me it is a lovely country
--- End quote ---

Welcome to the forum. For each of us the definition of a lovely country might be very different and besides that, different parts of the country are totally different, some nice and some far from nice, maybe also ask your same friends which parts they consider lovely and work out from there. The Philippines consists of 7,107 islands with Luzon, the Central islands and Mindanao being what might be consider the major areas.

For your job possibly a place near international airports, that might narrow it down a little.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_the_Philippines

Then for international schools, here is a list but there may be more since this list was published, so putting the airports and schools together might also narrow it down . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_schools_in_the_Philippines
http://tinyurl.com/par4dj3

Another thing, you say a family, so is your wife Filipino? If so, do the children also have Philippine citizenship? If not, then visas for all might be something else you need to look into before such a move.

iamjames:
I would not dream of bringing two young children here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version