Living in The Philippines > Immigration,Visas to stay in the Philippines

SRRV Info

<< < (7/7)

bigrod:
LIS,

Thanks for the information on the NBI clearance and Barangay Residence requirement.

Chuck

lost_in_samoa:

--- Quote from: Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am on October 14, 2015, 09:27:22 AM ---

You didn't mention what type of SRRVisa you obtained

I recently obtained what's called the "Expanded SRRV" for U.S. military members

--- End quote ---

That is exactly the option that I chose.  We did our application through the Subic/Clark satellite office with Sky.

I have been doing the "Balikbayan suffle" for 5 years now. 

We came here from a tiny island territory of the US.  Getting a police clearance from them would be time consuming and problematic at best.

I opted to wait until the last 6 months on my current Balikbayan stamp to apply for this residence visa. 

The 5 year minimum requirement, if it is a requirement and not just an added thing for our specific case, took me by surprise.

Depositing the $1500 was a nightmare.  Took half a day at the Landbank branch, only to be sent packing to our local bank.  At first they told us we had to travel to Manila to a specific Makati branch to do the deposit.

That went over like a loud fart in church with me.  So the "debate" started and finally ended two hours later with the branch VP calling Sky directly.  After that it was pretty smooth sailing.

--- Quote from: bigrod on October 14, 2015, 09:38:04 AM ---
Thanks for the information on the NBI clearance and Barangay Residence requirement.

--- End quote ---

Your very welcome.  Hope I help someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version