Getting Prepared For The Philippines > Laws, Regulations, Taxes as Applied to Foreigners

CFO Guidance & Counseling Seminar


I know this subject has been on a couple of previous threads but, pretty far back.  This thing is still going on and in a way, I can see positive things about it but it turns out to be a pain in the butt plus it should apply to everyone.  And I am not just talking about the 60 plus year old ladies who are exempt but I mean everyone else foreigner or not.  After all, we are all dirt bags.  You guys that think it is only if your wife changes her name on her passport, think again.  My understanding is they are getting all of them during passport renewals too and the sticker is required in the passport and for visas to be issued.  Crap, today I was declared a petitioner everywhere on paperwork and I am not even doing any petitioning.  Well, it applies to woman maybe wanting a tourist visa one day too and it does not matter how many trips she has ever made or how many passports she has ever had.

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
This CFO topic also falls under RA 8239 when pertaining to RP passport issuance requirements
                                                 ARTICLE 4

a) Passport means a document issued by the Philippine government to its citizens requesting other governments to allow its holder to pass safely and freely, and in case of need to give him/her lawful aid and protection.
b) Travel Document means a certification or identifying document containing the description and other personal circumstances of its bearer, issued for direct travel to and from the Philippines valid for short periods or for a particular trip. It is issued only to persons whose claim to Philippine citizenship is doubtful or who fall under any of the categories enumerated hereunder:
1. A Filipino citizen returning to the Philippines, who for one reason or another, has lost his/her passport or cannot be issued a regular passport.
2. A Filipino citizen being sent back to the Philippines;
3. An alien spouse of a Filipino and dependents who have not yet been naturalized as a Filipino and who are travelling to the Philippines or are permanent residents of the Philippines;
4. Aliens permanently residing in the Philippines who are not able to obtain a foreign passport and other travel documents.
5. A stateless person who is likewise a permanent resident, or a refugee granted such status or asylum in the Philippines.
c) Supporting Document means any paper or document which may be required to be submitted with the passport application
supporting claims to Filipino citizenship, identity and/or personal circumstances.
d) Secretary means the Secretary of Foreign Affairs.
e) Department means the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Thanks for not being as lazy as me Art and providing as usual all the legal mumbo jumbo to help clarify what most of the rest of us post.

Everything you wanted to know:



--- Quote from: bigrod on October 25, 2014, 02:11:32 PM ---Everything you wanted to know:


--- End quote ---

You have to go there as it is because that is the way you have to register.  Online.


[0] Message Index

Go to full version