Technical Stuff > Computers and Computer software

Mystery patch KB 3035583 for Windows 7 and 8 revealed

<< < (3/5) > >>

JoeLP:
Art is correct.  The dumbest thing Gates could do would be to charge for windows.  It would forever mar his and microsoft's image.  Apple could get away with it, windows cannot.  I very seriously doubt it'll ever become a charged service. 

Apple is still growing it's niche in the market.  In the 90's it was 80+% microsoft and the rest split between apple and the others.  Now Apple has climbed into the market big time, and have stopped charging for their OS. If microsoft starts to charge, the'll lose control of the market that they are already losing parts of in a slowly growing pace. 

Just don't see it happening.  Would be a major financial screw up by Gates and that man loves his money.

M.C.A.:
I had Windows Vista also, most people don't have that, that is hands down the slowest program, I was happy to get out of that version.

mikbal:
The Windows OS paid service rumor has been going around the internet for months. Microsoft has repeatedly denied it but it seems to have a life of it's own.

JoeLP:

--- Quote from: mikbal on October 09, 2015, 12:58:21 PM ---The Windows OS paid service rumor has been going around the internet for months. Microsoft has repeatedly denied it but it seems to have a life of it's own.

--- End quote ---

Probably the same idiots who keep spreading rumors that Facebook is going to start to charge people to use their services also.  It just won't happen.

Lee2:
Time will tell but when was the last time any of us got anything for free that did not have some type of strings attached.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version