Philippines Insider" The Ultimate Philippines Travel Guide for Tourists and Expats

Author Topic: All Things Philippine  (Read 6375 times)

Offline Hank

• Sr Member
All Things Philippine
« on: December 03, 2020, 11:09:02 AM »
Perhaps of interest ..

> From: Michael goldofmorning@yahoo.com
> To: LivingInThePhilippines3@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Mon, Nov 23 at 6:07 AM

In about three weeks LIP3 (and all Yahoo groups) will be closed.

I cordially invite you to join us at All Things Philippine (ATP) @ groups.io  forum site.

The site is set up in a similar fashion to the original Yahoo groups enabling you to remove yourself and receive emails bundled up rather than individually.

ATP was established less than a year ago with the majority of our members being LIP3 subscribers.  And to make the transition easier, LIP3 moderators are moderating ATP even though little moderation is necessary.  The good news is that our numbers are growing.

We have two groups you can join

*All Things Philippine (ATP) which is dedicated to matters relating to the Philippines and issues related to Philippine life.  American politics, etc is not discussed on this site.

*No Holds Barred (NHB) which is an alternate site where you can vent your frustrations, joys, trials and tribulations. This site was created to discuss any matters you wish to discuss be they politics, life in general, money, cars, sports,  ex's, etc.  The only caveat is that discussions in this forum should be respectful and civil even if you disagree with another member.

I have forgotten to mention another benefit of ATP.  You do not have to leave the group. There is a function that lets you stop receiving messages. That way if you ever want to go back to see what is happening you can just log in and if you wish reset the message delivery function.

To join either site either write to me directly at goldofmorning@yahoo.com

Or subscribe as follows

All Things Philippine:  To Subscribe, send an email to: allthingsphilippine+subscribe@groups.io

No Holds Barred:  To Subscribe, send an email to: NoHoldsBarred+subscribe@groups.io

Thank You and be safe!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

Michael

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael <goldofmorning@yahoo.com>
Messages in this topic (315)
For today's Peso Rate, Breaking News, Weather, go to http://www.livinginthephilippines.com

Our Home Page, above, has it's own LinP3 Community Forum.  You can join the Forum from our home page or by clicking on this link:.

http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php

It has * 5,000+* active members!  I hope we see you there too!

-------------------------------------------------------------

List problems: Contact http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LivingInThePhilippines3/info

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: All Things Philippine
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 12:43:18 AM »
Hank,

I got on board to the ATP but do not see any forums or anything posted to the feeds?
Am I in the wrong area?

Update I typed in Philippines in the search block in the find groups and  it came up with Lin P & Lin P3...both showing only 1 member with no name? 

Thanx,
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:51:40 AM by MotorSarge »
MS

Offline Hank

• Sr Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 03:29:28 PM »
Hi Motor Sarge

Hey there MS .. good on you. Yeah, I've just joined up with the website "www.groups.io" myself.

So now apparently, Michael suggests in his email that anyone interested in the Philippines might want to join the group on the website called "All Things Philippine."

So the same as you, I joined Groups.io (quick and easy) and then searched Groups.io with the full name for this group.

It found the group, so I clicked on it, and up popped an information page regarding this group. It looks like it could be interesting, and so I subscribed to join, and am now apparently awaiting group membership approval. So, I guess we'll see :)

Here's what their information page says .. (https://groups.io/g/allthingsphilippine)

allthingsphilippine@groups.io

All Things Philippine ("ATP") has been created to discuss all matters related to the Philippines and issues that can affect Philippine life. 

These include marriage, annulment, taxation, migration to and from the Philippines, food, cooking, housing, purchasing property, legal matters, restaurants, purchasing goods and appliances, local politics, visas, the weather, natural disasters, establishing relationships, customs, travel, sports, health, medical resources, Philippine culture, dealing with your Philippine in-laws and relatives, social security, sending money to the Philippines, retirement, and more.

ATP has members residing around the world with a vast number actually residing in the Philippines.

We provide unqualified advice and support to the best of our ability but these are only suggestions which should be further researched by the member.

Discussions in this forum should be respectful and civil even if  you disagree with another member. Any snide, sarcastic or offensive posts or personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Politics, other than as it relates to the Philippines, is outside the scope of this forum. Other forums should be used for such purposes. Similarly obscene language or illegal subjects are not acceptable.

All Things Philippine is not responsible in any way for the content posted on this forum. That is the complete and total responsibility of the poster.

As well as emails, photos and downloaded documents belong the property of All Things Philippine. This material is also protected under copyright.

The views and opinions expressed by members of All Things Philippine are those of the individual posters and do not reflect the official policy or position of All Things Philippine forum. Any content provided by posters are of their opinion, and are not intended to malign any religion, ethic group, club, organization, company, individual, anyone or anything.

The forum owner does not receive any form of compensation from this site nor will any members be solicited in any way for services or goods.

Links to government agencies and/or independent, relevant news articles are welcome so long as they relate to Philippine matters. However, links to personal blogs or paid connection websites in messages or topics are not allowed, will be removed and your membership will be terminated.

Group Information:

160 Members
 817 Topics, Last Post: 4:24pm
 Started on 21.10.2019

Group Email Addresses:

Subscribe: allthingsphilippine+subscribe@groups.io
Unsubscribe: allthingsphilippine+unsubscribe@groups.io
Group Owner: allthingsphilippine+owner@groups.io
Help: allthingsphilippine+help@groups.io

Group Settings:

All members can post to the group.
 Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
 Messages are set to reply to group.
 Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
 Archive is visible to members only.
 Wiki is visible to members only.
 Only moderators can create hashtags.
 Members can edit their messages.
 Members can set their subscriptions to no email.

Message History:

Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec
       480   784   773   698   469   355   220   273   423   254   80

Subscription:

Your subscription is pending approval.

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 11:25:27 PM »
Hi Hank,

Yes I got approved but it is nothing like this site :(

Hi Motor Sarge

Hey there MS .. good on you. Yeah, I've just joined up with the website "www.groups.io" myself.

So now apparently, Michael suggests in his email that anyone interested in the Philippines might want to join the group on the website called "All Things Philippine."

So the same as you, I joined Groups.io (quick and easy) and then searched Groups.io with the full name for this group.

It found the group, so I clicked on it, and up popped an information page regarding this group. It looks like it could be interesting, and so I subscribed to join, and am now apparently awaiting group membership approval. So, I guess we'll see :)

Here's what their information page says .. (https://groups.io/g/allthingsphilippine)
MS

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
Re: All Things Philippine SUCKS
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 08:53:01 AM »
I absolutely can not believe we downgraded to this free public site after many of us thrown monies into keep the LIP running.
We need to start a new website for us who are dedicated members and who will continue to support our longevity of friendship and information sharing of the Philippine community!
Where are our members on this issue?
Where are our leaders/moderators on this issue?
MS

Offline bigrod

• Retired USAF Club Mgmt Supt, Personnel Supt & 1st Sgt
  • Administrator
  • Sr Member
Re: All Things Philippine SUCKS
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 12:12:04 PM »
I absolutely can not believe we downgraded to this free public site after many of us thrown monies into keep the LIP running.
We need to start a new website for us who are dedicated members and who will continue to support our longevity of friendship and information sharing of the Philippine community!

Who downgraded to the free public site? I for sure did not!  Our members are free to join any site they wish to.  I have seen nothing that affects LIP, the OP referenced LIP3!

Chuck
Life is  to short not to live it right the first time

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 01:26:25 PM »

WTF are you talking about? I haven't seen anything about the Forum closing.

This Forum was Don's, may he rest in peace, original (I believe, corrections??) Living in the Philippines site. It was paid personally by Don for many years.

ATP is a "FREE" site, as are - but soon to be scrapped - LinP 1, 2, 3 et al Yahoo sites also set up by Don, .
ATP has a different format, as it's a "Group io" site and no one is forced to join, let alone part with any money.

If you don't like any other sites, the solution is in your own hands. Step up and make your own, free or pay for it, your choice, and tailored to your needs.

Stay safe all
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline Hank

• Sr Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »
Peter writes,

I haven't seen anything about the Forum closing.

Yes, true .. and let's hope this Forum continues for many more years

This Forum was Don's, may he rest in peace, original (I believe, corrections??) Living in the Philippines site. It was paid personally by Don for many years.

ATP is a "FREE" site, as are - but soon to be scrapped - LinP 1, 2, 3 et al Yahoo sites also set up by Don.  ATP has a different format, as it's a "Group io" site and no one is forced to join, let alone part with any money ...

Stay safe all

And, true again. It might seem you have nailed home the situation very well Peter.

Cheers all,
Hank

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 09:14:49 PM »
I stand corrected all,
I miss read this posting and thought LIP was shutting down but I guess it is the LIP3?.
That is why I had a big misunderstanding.

Perhaps of interest ..

> From: Michael goldofmorning@yahoo.com
> To: LivingInThePhilippines3@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Mon, Nov 23 at 6:07 AM

In about three weeks LIP3 (and all Yahoo groups) will be closed.

I cordially invite you to join us at All Things Philippine (ATP) @ groups.io  forum site.

The site is set up in a similar fashion to the original Yahoo groups enabling you to remove yourself and receive emails bundled up rather than individually.

ATP was established less than a year ago with the majority of our members being LIP3 subscribers.  And to make the transition easier, LIP3 moderators are moderating ATP even though little moderation is necessary.  The good news is that our numbers are growing.

We have two groups you can join

*All Things Philippine (ATP) which is dedicated to matters relating to the Philippines and issues related to Philippine life.  American politics, etc is not discussed on this site.

*No Holds Barred (NHB) which is an alternate site where you can vent your frustrations, joys, trials and tribulations. This site was created to discuss any matters you wish to discuss be they politics, life in general, money, cars, sports,  ex's, etc.  The only caveat is that discussions in this forum should be respectful and civil even if you disagree with another member.

I have forgotten to mention another benefit of ATP.  You do not have to leave the group. There is a function that lets you stop receiving messages. That way if you ever want to go back to see what is happening you can just log in and if you wish reset the message delivery function.

To join either site either write to me directly at goldofmorning@yahoo.com

Or subscribe as follows

All Things Philippine:  To Subscribe, send an email to: allthingsphilippine+subscribe@groups.io

No Holds Barred:  To Subscribe, send an email to: NoHoldsBarred+subscribe@groups.io

Thank You and be safe!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

Michael

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michael <goldofmorning@yahoo.com>
Messages in this topic (315)
For today's Peso Rate, Breaking News, Weather, go to http://www.livinginthephilippines.com

Our Home Page, above, has it's own LinP3 Community Forum.  You can join the Forum from our home page or by clicking on this link:.

http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php

It has * 5,000+* active members!  I hope we see you there too!

-------------------------------------------------------------

List problems: Contact http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LivingInThePhilippines3/info
MS

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 01:18:18 AM »
Having been a List Guide for the original Yahoo group, moved up to Admin and also having been on board to start this forum, allow me to generate some thoughts. First of all, Yahoo has decided to do away with all groups, as far as I know. Not just the LivinginthePhilippines groups, but ALL groups. In the next few days livinginthephilippines3 will completely cease to exist. You won't be able to log in to read posts, post new messages or look at pics. Actually, this has been the situation for several months. But soon it will all disappear.
Don knew several years ago that this could, and most likely would, happen so he and I along with Billy Reese (aerosick) worked to put together this forum you're reading, the LinPC Forum (Living in the Philippines Community Forum)  Up until the time Don passed away this forum was free. Don paid for the hosting and for the maintenance. Now that Don has passed it is up to us, the members, to keep it up and running for the benefit of all past, current and future members to use and enjoy.

Secondly, since when do we allow advertising for "other" groups on this forum? Take note of the info in the OP, write it down if you must, because I feel this entire thread is about to be pulled. Not giving orders, not telling others what to do, just saying. This may disappear.

For the record, I have no desire or need to join another group. I get all the social activity I need right here. All the answers to questions are found right here. All the members here are my friends.

Questions: The OP says "LIP3 moderators are moderating ATP". Can I get a list of the LIP3 Mods running ATP?
Also, "To join either site either write to me directly at goldofmorning@yahoo.com". So it appears that you Michael are the owner of the group. Do you allow members or owners of "other" Philippines related groups to advertise on ATP? Would I be able to post something inviting all your members to come join our Forum? Just asking.

I think all of you see my point. If you wish to join another group, be my guest. I know of several who have been members of different groups over the last 15-20 years. But nothing is wrong with THIS group, the LinPC Forum. THIS group is not going to fade away, unless all interest is given up. Then I say the same situation is likely for any new group, forum, blog who must sustain itself through group cooperation.

Good luck!
Gray Wolf
Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH

Offline Peter

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »
Jack.

I think Michael would be as forthcoming with his list of moderators to a non-member of ATP, as you would (maybe? probably?) following such a request for the "LinPC Forum (Living in the Philippines Community Forum)" admin list.  ;D ;D

Stay safe all.

Peter
Noli nothis permittere te terere.
Virtus autem corruptibilis est,
summa virtute prorsus corrumpitur,

Offline Highwayman

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 07:39:00 PM »
Jack, you and I have known and corresponded to each other for years.  We go back to 2009 when you and Greg W (Goyo) were moderators on LIP3.

Here is one email from you when your email address ended in insighbb.com. It was dated Aug 1 2010.

Michael,

So far, so good!  :-)  I don't see your post anywhere.  It isn't posted nor is it in the pending posts file and nobody has deleted it, at least a near as I can tell.  Try posting it again.

Jack

We used to share jokes, etc. Then you went off the map. I had tried reaching you but your email addresses were all changed.

I will set the record straight.  Just before Don H died Gary M was going off the rails at LIP3. Basically everything was political and people were getting irritated with that. Then Yahoo groups was showing signs that they were closing down with the changes they made.  That was over a year ago.

I reached out to Gary and said we should set up on groups.io.  He hemmed and hawed and did nothing.  I set up ATP  as a back up for the LIP3 transition but did nothing with it.  Then Gary went on permanent walkabout.  I was glad I had set up ATP so LIP3 members could transition over and go back to the original purpose of LIP3.  That is why the name is All Things Philippine.
Then in Feb of this year I made ATP live for LIP3 members.

Four of the initial members were active or past moderators of LIP3 and I welcomed them aboard to be ATP moderators.   Most people on the site know who they are as two of them are regular posters as well.  I did not post their names as a courtesy to them.  We have nothing to hide.

ATP is a free member non-for-profit entity which does not solicit any members for anything other than posts!!

I initiated ATP just to help the LIP3 group.

I do not know how in the heck someone could mistake LIP3 from Living in the Philippines forum then make rude, degrading and disparaging comments about our site.

Motor Sarge joined us and 3 days after joining he wrote :

We Need A New LIP Website!!!

Where the heck did that come from?  Mixed up on his medications or something?  I banned him for those blatant actions like you would have.  Someone tries to help others and then gets sh** on?

So that is the complete story.  ATP is for Philippine related matters and No Holds Barred for anything else.  Feel free to join us Jack.  By the way we do not moderate new messages as you might have surmised.

Merry Christmas

Michael

Offline MotorSarge

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 12:22:12 AM »
Well yes I did make mistake of thinking the LIP was going off the net...as it was about to a few months back also. So that is why I donated back then.......Oh and yes I guess I got duped for donating to a website ..Correct?
Yes I was confused and did not make the connection of LIP & LIP3 were actually different website pages what ever. So when Hank or whoever posted about the ATP I thought WTF, how and why is this happening. So when I applied for ATP membership I did not like the setup as it seems just a messenger site and thought myself and other members who just donated all got duped as you insinuated?
I did remove myself from ATP when you moderated me as I figured out I did not get duped from the LIP and that they were not going off the net.

Jack, you and I have known and corresponded to each other for years.  We go back to 2009 when you and Greg W (Goyo) were moderators on LIP3.

Here is one email from you when your email address ended in insighbb.com. It was dated Aug 1 2010.

Michael,

So far, so good!  :-)  I don't see your post anywhere.  It isn't posted nor is it in the pending posts file and nobody has deleted it, at least a near as I can tell.  Try posting it again.

Jack

We used to share jokes, etc. Then you went off the map. I had tried reaching you but your email addresses were all changed.

I will set the record straight.  Just before Don H died Gary M was going off the rails at LIP3. Basically everything was political and people were getting irritated with that. Then Yahoo groups was showing signs that they were closing down with the changes they made.  That was over a year ago.

I reached out to Gary and said we should set up on groups.io.  He hemmed and hawed and did nothing.  I set up ATP  as a back up for the LIP3 transition but did nothing with it.  Then Gary went on permanent walkabout.  I was glad I had set up ATP so LIP3 members could transition over and go back to the original purpose of LIP3.  That is why the name is All Things Philippine.
Then in Feb of this year I made ATP live for LIP3 members.

Four of the initial members were active or past moderators of LIP3 and I welcomed them aboard to be ATP moderators.   Most people on the site know who they are as two of them are regular posters as well.  I did not post their names as a courtesy to them.  We have nothing to hide.

ATP is a free member non-for-profit entity which does not solicit any members for anything other than posts!!

I initiated ATP just to help the LIP3 group.

I do not know how in the heck someone could mistake LIP3 from Living in the Philippines forum then make rude, degrading and disparaging comments about our site.

Motor Sarge joined us and 3 days after joining he wrote :

We Need A New LIP Website!!!

Where the heck did that come from?  Mixed up on his medications or something?  I banned him for those blatant actions like you would have.  Someone tries to help others and then gets sh** on?

So that is the complete story.  ATP is for Philippine related matters and No Holds Barred for anything else.  Feel free to join us Jack.  By the way we do not moderate new messages as you might have surmised.

Merry Christmas

Michael
MS

Offline Highwayman

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 12:53:33 AM »
Also for clarification, when Gary M went walkabout on LIP3, he was the administrator and, to my belief, removed most moderation tools for the moderators. He did not pass on his password to the other moderators to manage the site.  So the site, even if Yahoo groups had survived, was sadly in lock down mode and on a death spiral .

I had and never would have intended to purloin members from a group by posting on that group. LIP3 was an unusual situation. We had one person try to do that already on our site. 

I really did not want to be an owner or moderator but only wanted to save the LIP3 family.

I also wish continued success to the LIP Forum.  My belief is that we are not competing but complementing each other by assisting people about Philippine related matters. Again, I do not benefit in any way from ATP.  There are other Philippine related sites, not to name them, that actually try to sell their services on immigration matters, etc. 

And to quote the movie Stripes  "that's the fact Jack"!  LOL

Again Merry Christmas and Happy New Year LIP Forum members.
Health and prosperity to all.

PS--Jack, as an aside, please write to me. It would be good to keep in touch.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:54:18 AM by Highwayman »

Offline Gray Wolf

• Sr Member +
  • Sr Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 02:42:07 AM »
Now that everyone is thoroughly caught up, or thoroughly confused as the case may be, I'll pop back in just to say I had a bit of confusion going as well. My mind is not as sharp as it once was and got confused and mis-remembered a thing or two. Michael (goldofmorning) and I have been friends for many years. He called and we had a good conversation. Michael, I hope all is forgiven for any misconception on my part. I apologize.

To further clarify, LinP3 is the nickname for the now defunct Yahoo group Living in the Philippines 3. LIP references the main, primary, original Living in the Philippines website created by Don Herrington which is the home base for this Forum. They do not operate as separate entities. If the website goes down, the forum goes down.

Now, I think it's time for me to have my early afternoon nip of sweet honeydew vine water and chill  8)

Louisville, KY USA - Bagong Silang, Caloocan City, PH