Welcome to the Forum! > Meet Your Neighbors

New member saying Hello

(1/2) > >>

User444:
Hello! I found this forum because I was trying to get married in Taguig and a forum member had posted about his experience. I am an American citizen and married a Filipina last year. I was 35 and she was 28. I'm a lot younger than a lot of guys on this forum and don't have a military retirement or job pension to rely upon. We have decided to live in Manila for now because she works as an accountant and I work part-time online as an English tutor. I have the 1 year balikbayan visa and we plan on leaving again this year for a few days to renew it and then return to Manila.

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:
User444,
Looks like you're both on the right path as a Balikbayan. Get your 13A permanent visa if you plan to stay longer in the Philippines. Have a good and enjoyable life.

JoeLP:
Sounds like you got your stuff together.  Hope it works out well for the both of you.  Look forward to your future posts.  Welcome to the forum.

David690:
Word of warning User444, re your plan to work whilst you're here. You are not allowed to work on a BB or any visit visa.  If its online there's a pretty good chance you'll be OK, but it only takes one disgruntled or jealous person to report you to the BI and you could be in trouble.

User444:
Ok, I thought the work permit was needed for working for a company in the PH. For the BB visa, that means you couldn't work for a company in the Philippines. I work for an American company for American students. Can tourists who travel to the PH on a tourist visa work for their companies back home while on vacation?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version