Welcome to the Forum! > Meet Your Neighbors

Hello all!

(1/6) > >>

uncledan:
           uncledan here, just wanted to say hello and hope to be in the Philippines in the next couple months. I retire in 6 days and just need to finish working on the house then sell it. I've had my share of winters here in Alaska and want some warm water to swim in. I'm hoping to find a boat big enough to live on when I get there. Something big enough for 6-7 people. I plan on staying for the rest of my days, so I need to get started living the good life as soon as possible.

Steve & Myrlita:
Hi & Welcome to the forum. Feel free to make yourself at home. You will find lots of info here. If you can't find it, feel free to ask. Someone may have an answer for you. Also feel free to introduce yourself if you haven't yet done so using this link: "http://www.livinginthephilippines.com/forum/index.php?board=35.0"  Keep posting and before you know it, you're off moderation. Again welcome & God Bless.....Steve (Admin).

JoeLP:
Hello uncledan.  Welcome to the site.  I look forward to reading your posts.

uncledan:
        I want to expand a little about myself. I grew up in Ohio and had a roofing business for 20 years. After my father died I started traveling and ended up in Paducah, KY. I went to college in my 40's and took a job in Alaska taking x-rays till the present. I met my wife through her sister here in Juneau in 2011. She came on a K-1 visa and we were married 12/02/2012. She is a stay at home mom to our daughter Dane who is the light in my life. My wife is from Iligan City but we are looking for something in the Central Visayas, beachfront. We plan to buy a boat to live on till we find what we want, then my wife and her cousins husband will look at it like a couple so we get the best price possible. I've been to the Philippines 3 time so I kind of know how things work. If anyone knows where I can start my search for a boat big enough for 6-7 persons, please let me know. I have heard that marinas are a good place to start I just need a town to start in. I love to fish so if anyone knows of some good spots please help me out and any small islands to visit as well. We plan to spend our leisure time going island to island swimming and fishing till we are tired or find a place to own. We also are looking to get a tutor for our daughter to home school her on the boat as well. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Dan

MotorSarge:
Welcome aboard Dan,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version