Itís Your Money > Building in the Philippines

Solar Panels.

<< < (25/26) > >>

Leinster Lad:

--- Quote from: ronnsb on August 26, 2014, 05:59:28 AM ---I am seeing 5kw systems being sold there in the Philippines, but they say you need to email them for the cost of the kit. Let me know if you run in to any decent systems in the 3kw to 5kw range. Got to start out small! :)

--- End quote ---

Hi Ron,
Here in Perth, a mid/high quality 5kW system, fully installed is about $7500  ( PHP300,000 )
Systems are normally "oversized".
This means that it is common to put 6kW or 7kW of panels on a 5kW inverter. I have 5.7kW on a 5kW inverter.

You can see my system live..... here   http://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=2894&sid=2217

( 5kW inverter is the maximum size allowed in Australia )

Now, i know that things are different in the Philippines....... but that should give you an idea.

Panels mainly come out of China, so shipping to the Philippines should be cheaper than shipping them down here.
Inverters are the same, China or Malaysia or Taiwan. The best ones ( SMA ) come out of Germany.
Labour (installation ) is definitely cheaper in the Philippines.

I do believe that there is a massive market for soalr in the Philippines, if only people are not so obsessed with ripping people off.
The government and power companies ( Meralco ) certainly are not helping due to the fact that they really have no idea what is going on.
Even though there were laws passed on this very subject over 4 years ago.........
Maybe the power companies are scared of losing income if people become self-sufficient ?

lelang1130:
HI  Leinster Lad, thanks for your thoughts. Will tell my brother. I'm no techy person just like you^^ I let my brother handle all this matter....I don't know how my bro does this things with an inverter but I do have confidence in him because we had been using solar panel now in my hometown for the past few months. Solar panels nowadays had cut down its prices dramatically. A 75 watts solar panel used to cost Ph8,000 but now prices has gone down to Php4,000 (made in Germany) and you can find them in Raon, Quiapo.

Hi Ronnsb, great job on your girl! Installing solar panel is a must nowadays for places that usually runs out of electricity/black out just like my hometown in Camarines Sur! Please let us know how well things are doing once your solar panel has been installed.

Hi Art, believe me I know how expensive they are that's why I need my few months salary saved just to be able to install one in my apartment. I'm no rich woman but I seriously consider long term savings. If you guys need any help with a solar panel, I can have my bro speak with you or help in any way.

fred:
Tell him to look in CDR king.. The prices of panels seem to have gone up a bit but an 80 watt panel is now about 3,200..
Ive seen some pretty good reviews about them online from people that have had them for a couple of years.

--- Quote from: lelang1130 on August 26, 2014, 08:43:09 AM ---Hi Shewmake,

I will check with my brother as he's the one who installed our solar panel and I'll get back to you with details including costing :-) The only info I can give is our additional 75watts solar panel which we purchased in Raon, Quiapo two weeks ago costed us Php4,000 but because we already have existing solar panel in our house back in Cam Sur, we did not buy inverter and battery anymore.

--- End quote ---

lelang1130:
Panels from CDR are china made. My bro prefers Made in Germany due to quality.

Art, just a re(tired) Fil-Am:

--- Quote from: lelang1130 on August 26, 2014, 08:33:56 AM ---Hi Art, believe me I know how expensive they are that's why I need my few months salary saved just to be able to install one in my apartment. I'm no rich woman but I seriously consider long term savings. If you guys need any help with a solar panel, I can have my bro speak with you or help in any way.

--- End quote ---
I'm a retired aircraft technician by trade for 30 yrs and if only I was 20-30 yrs younger, it wouldn't be a problem for me to install our own solar powered system in our home here in the Philippines, but since I am no longer able to do manual labor anymore, I guess we just have to forego with the solar powered system, unless they come down in price for parts and labor during my lifetime!  ::) ??? :o ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version