Living in The Philippines > Expat life in Philippines

Modern(?) Cities (without terrible traffic) With Nice Beaches Nearby

(1/2) > >>

sinsinbad:
I plan to return to the PI whenever travel resumes and looking for a modern city with nice beaches nearby to live in.  By modern, I mean somewhat clean with fairly fast internet, good places to eat, and not a lot of traffic.  Example:  Cebu would fit this description, but traffic is very bad there.

Back story, I lived in the PI for over 5 years, but left in 2011.  I lived in three different cities:  Dumaguete, SBMA (old Subic Navy base) outside of Olongapo, and Angeles.  The beaches near Dumaguete and Subic weren't very nice in my opinion.  I also visited Panglao Island and Tagbilarian City, but at that time, didn't seem like much was there.

I haven't visited Boracay, but I am sure that it is beautiful, but I think that it is too small an area for me.  I love to take motorcycle rides, and I would be very limited there.

Some cities I was wondering about are Davao, Cagayan De Oro, Iloilo City, and San Fernando.  If you have first hand knowledge of any of these, I would appreciate hearing it.

If you know of others that I might be interested in, please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.

Steve & Myrlita:
Feel free to check out Bacolod City, Negros Occidental.

clarkee:
I would give Iloilo City some consideration.  A clean city with not a whole lot of traffic I suppose.  Not too far from Boracay. If you are a military retiree with tricare for life they also have Medical City Iloilo that accepts and files your tricare on your behalf with little out-of-cost on your part. 

MotorSarge:

--- Quote from: sinsinbad on June 19, 2021, 01:19:33 AM ---I plan to return to the PI whenever travel resumes and looking for a modern city with nice beaches nearby to live in.  By modern, I mean somewhat clean with fairly fast internet, good places to eat, and not a lot of traffic.  Example:  Cebu would fit this description, but traffic is very bad there.

Back story, I lived in the PI for over 5 years, but left in 2011.  I lived in three different cities:  Dumaguete, SBMA (old Subic Navy base) outside of Olongapo, and Angeles.  The beaches near Dumaguete and Subic weren't very nice in my opinion.  I also visited Panglao Island and Tagbilarian City, but at that time, didn't seem like much was there.

I haven't visited Boracay, but I am sure that it is beautiful, but I think that it is too small an area for me.  I love to take motorcycle rides, and I would be very limited there.

Some cities I was wondering about are Davao, Cagayan De Oro, Iloilo City, and San Fernando.  If you have first hand knowledge of any of these, I would appreciate hearing it.

If you know of others that I might be interested in, please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.

--- End quote ---

What's wrong the Beach/Island that has been at least voted the number one in the world no less than 3 times.......Palawan.
PI.....Most beautiful beaches and people in the world!!

sinsinbad:
Thanks for the comments/suggestions.

Interesting about Medical City Iloilo as I do have Tricare For Life.  Knock on wood, I am thankfully in good health and shape.  On another forum, someone didn't think that the beaches near Iloilo were that nice.

I haven't heard anything about nice beaches near Bacolod City.

I am sure that Palawan has great beaches, but does it have any modern cities?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version